Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Kawasaki Brute Force 650I is squealing once I ride it for about 10 to 15 minutes. It sounds like its coming from the clutch. The clutch was taken apart and cleaned. The bike does not loose power, it runs as it always does except for the squealing noise. Someone suggested a clutch side bearing? Any suggestions you may have is appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
My 2011 Kawasaki Brute Force 650I is squealing once I ride it for about 10 to 15 minutes. It sounds like its coming from the clutch. The clutch was taken apart and cleaned. The bike does not loose power, it runs as it always does except for the squealing noise. Someone suggested a clutch side bearing? Any suggestions you may have is appreciated. Thank you.
When is it squealing? All the time or just at certain times?

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
After riding for about 15 minutes it starts doing it and then it does it all the time.
Better pull the clutch cover off and look at the belt.

·
Registered
699 Posts
^ Somethings not right with that clutch or belt. How many kms on your machine? Stock machine or do you have aftermarket goodies on it? Bigger tires? Stock belt?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stock machine and stock belt. No extra goodies and regular tires. Once it starts squealing after 10-15 minutes of riding it, it even does it when the bike is just idling. It has 2930km on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I would think your belt is the likeliest culprit as they are the number one culprit for wear, but it may be time to tear your clutches apart and have a good look at all the components. Most times, a new belt and some TLC on the clutches is all it takes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would think your belt is the likeliest culprit as they are the number one culprit for wear, but it may be time to tear your clutches apart and have a good look at all the components. Most times, a new belt and some TLC on the clutches is all it takes.
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
12,648 Posts
Did the noise start AFTER you had the clutch off?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts