Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bf 750 with pc5 with custom dyno map from vforce john and clutch springs and swamp exhaust. the mapworked ok but I am having trouble with the bf bogging out mid throttle and seems to be worse in colder weather and really bad when I get down to 2 fuel bars and below.

I may put the stock map in and see if that fixes or improves anything. something is not right and I may have to verify the wiring and make sure both ignitions for each cylinder are connected. I can figure the problem.

my air box instead of a centre snorkel I have a breathing lid and blocked my stock airbox intake.. I removed the block which improved the bogging but like I said when fuel level is low its very evident..

any ideas would much appriociated. thnxs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it be the fuel pump on the way out? The fuel level should have no effect on how it performs until it runs out of course
How would i test that? i am wondering if i have a hole in one of my exhaust pipes could that cause my issue. Im gonna try my stock map and see.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I believe you can do a fuel pressure test prof you get a manual there is usually a measurement of how much fuel it should pimp out on a certain amount of time

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Verify 43-45 psi. test this while running and under load situations while driving. this will require you to make a tee fitting to run to a pressure gauge. test it when you are experiencing the problem. bad fuel pumps are a huge issue with these machines.

Also. be sure your intake valves are not too tight. this has an effect on starting and midrange when cruising by loading it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnxs vfj I took out my fuel pump replaced the fuel strainer and new plugs and wow did the bike wake up. Now I know there is another filter you cant replace in that pump assembly but I am hoping the pump has not gotten damaged but by the performance chance I suspect im good to go. That being said I am looking to re-run the check valve to my airbox as I read threads about the poor design of this and dirt getting sucked into the tank via the frame. I also bought ne check valve as it was stuck open.

thnxs for the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
kingnewf
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing