Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bf 750 with pc5 with custom dyno map from vforce john and clutch springs and swamp exhaust. the mapworked ok but I am having trouble with the bf bogging out mid throttle and seems to be worse in colder weather and really bad when I get down to 2 fuel bars and below.

I may put the stock map in and see if that fixes or improves anything. something is not right and I may have to verify the wiring and make sure both ignitions for each cylinder are connected. I can figure the problem.

my air box instead of a centre snorkel I have a breathing lid and blocked my stock airbox intake.. I removed the block which improved the bogging but like I said when fuel level is low its very evident..

any ideas would much appriociated. thnxs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it be the fuel pump on the way out? The fuel level should have no effect on how it performs until it runs out of course
How would i test that? i am wondering if i have a hole in one of my exhaust pipes could that cause my issue. Im gonna try my stock map and see.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I believe you can do a fuel pressure test prof you get a manual there is usually a measurement of how much fuel it should pimp out on a certain amount of time

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Verify 43-45 psi. test this while running and under load situations while driving. this will require you to make a tee fitting to run to a pressure gauge. test it when you are experiencing the problem. bad fuel pumps are a huge issue with these machines.

Also. be sure your intake valves are not too tight. this has an effect on starting and midrange when cruising by loading it up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnxs vfj I took out my fuel pump replaced the fuel strainer and new plugs and wow did the bike wake up. Now I know there is another filter you cant replace in that pump assembly but I am hoping the pump has not gotten damaged but by the performance chance I suspect im good to go. That being said I am looking to re-run the check valve to my airbox as I read threads about the poor design of this and dirt getting sucked into the tank via the frame. I also bought ne check valve as it was stuck open.

thnxs for the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts