Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a Brute SE 750 and thinking about putting some bigger tires on it. I have been looking at Maxxis tires. I want to keep the stock rims and have no rubs. What size would i be best to go with. any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2012 BF 750 and have been researching tires to replace the shitty stockers. Keep in mind that less weight equals more speed and the bigger the tire the more strain it puts on your axles and driveline. I heard the Maxxix tires weigh a lot so I'm leaning more toward the Kenda Bearclaw radial or the Artrax radials. Handling means a lot to me. But if you're more into deep mud then I guess the bigger the better. All has to do with how you ride and what you ride in. Check the reviews on the web and in the forum. Good luck.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think with stock rims you can go 27"x11" if I remember the last thread asking the same question not to long ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires

So if I go with a less aggressive tire it will put less strain on drivetrain? I really just wanna get a couple inches higher without putting a lift on it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The strain is always there with larger tires, but a spring or two fixes that (you need to go at least 28 befor that matters though)
Throttle controll is what you need to watch with aggressive tires, no matter what size they are.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a set of 26" Kenda Bearclaw HTR ordered and will be mounting them on my stock '12 wheels. I should have pictures by next Wed. if interrested. They are reasonably priced, tough (8 ply), and seem to have good reviews as a general trail tire.

A set of true 26" tires will give you a little more than 1" clearance and won't hurt your performance a lot. There are lots of choices depending on where & how you ride.

·
Registered
502 Posts
by installing 26" tires, when an atv stock comes with 25" tires it will only give you 1/2" of gain on ground clearance. Do the math. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah but the stock tires on the brute only measure like 23".

And a lot of the Maxxis tires are actually light. Check out the 'Zillas. 6 ply, light weight.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have 26" Zillas on my 2012 Brute and it's a rocket. They are only a pound or two over stock weights.

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just put 27 maxxis zillas from tirewiz.com and i have no problem what so ever. they are awsome and light weight. u dont need to mess with clutch springs but im gonna put almond secondary/maroon primary on the brute soon for the muck. Everyone has ITP tires these zillas are way better in my opinion and they look awsome which is a wicked bonus too

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered the STI Black Diamonds. All the reviews say they're awesome, as I wont be doing any REAL mudding, the thread looked the best out of all the other ones I researched.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am not thrilled with the zillas...

I am an inexperienced rider so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I put 26 inch zillas on my 2012 bf 750 non eps and They do perform better in the mud but I actually think the stock tires performed better on hard pack trails, wet slippery logs, and loose sand. The stock tires also gave me a flat on my first hard ride so the zillas are obviously more durable. Now that I have 10 hours or so on my zillas I m regretting getting them and wish I would have went with the big horn 2.0 tires. I have noticed an increase in traction and handling through the mud but I feel for everything else they are sub par. On slow tight technical trails they performed worse than my stock tires. I think in the near future I might try to sell my zillas and try out the big horns.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am an inexperienced rider so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I put 26 inch zillas on my 2012 bf 750 non eps and They do perform better in the mud but I actually think the stock tires performed better on hard pack trails, wet slippery logs, and loose sand. The stock tires also gave me a flat on my first hard ride so the zillas are obviously more durable. Now that I have 10 hours or so on my zillas I m regretting getting them and wish I would have went with the big horn 2.0 tires. I have noticed an increase in traction and handling through the mud but I feel for everything else they are sub par. On slow tight technical trails they performed worse than my stock tires. I think in the near future I might try to sell my zillas and try out the big horns.
I have to wear the new off of my stockers before I can justify to the wife spending money on a set of radials but I'm looking at the Kenda Bearclaws or the Artrax radials. Do you have any experience with either of those? I know the Big horns work good but I wanted a lighter tire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
every inch taller, is only going to give you 1/2 inch more clearance. I'm glad i found this thread though because I have the same question.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have to wear the new off of my stockers before I can justify to the wife spending money on a set of radials but I'm looking at the Kenda Bearclaws or the Artrax radials. Do you have any experience with either of those? I know the Big horns work good but I wanted a lighter tire.
Look at the Bighorn 2.0..It is a lighter version of the Bighorn, with more space between lugs, and it's still a radial...I went with duro power grips (bighorn radial knock off) but they are little heavier and not as balanced as good, but cheaper I agree about the zillas..GREAT mud tire, but suck on wet logs, and rocks..very soft tread also

·
Registered
571 Posts
Stop calling Zilla's mud tires!
It's a good trail tire that is ok in the mud, period

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is it best to have the same size all around the brute. Or smaller fronts. Is it just a look deal everyone goes for or is it better or worse for supensipn and drivertrain

1 - 20 of 32 Posts