Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a full big gun exhaust, Big Gun TFI controller, and K&N filter just wanted to see if any one else had one and see what you have your's TFI set at. It seems like I lost alot of low end torque but I just installed it today and havent had much time to play with it, it is still on the factory setting.. Any help would be appreciated..

·
Registered
502 Posts
Loose the k&n it will allow dust into your engine

·
Registered
502 Posts
Most of the people here run MSD FI, i dont think i have seen anyone here running a big gun, i am assuming you have bought it on ebay as a package.

Big gun exhaust piping is same diameter as stock so not too much gain
There

Dont ask me how i know ;)im currently waiting for a muzzy exhaust that actually gives gain and then i will sell my two month old big gun ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Have you looked any of the dyno sheets for pipes. Other than sound, it's why I haven't added one. Most show a lower hp on the low end but higher hp way up in the revs. I trail ride at a medium to slower pace and love my low end snap.

I'm sure others here will disagree and it's inevitable that someone is going to reply and say all pipes are crap except for the all might god of pipes Muzzy. But that's neither here nor there.

How is the top end HP? Any seat of the pants difference?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I don't know what charts you are looking at but there is absolutely ZERO loss at the bottom end. actually the bottom is where most of the HP is made 25 mph is the largest HP gains.

and count on the almighty Muzzy duals. show me a pipe that can even come close to performance OR sound that good!! 2012 750 is 42 rwhp stock. 53.5 rwhp after the duals and tuning. and the single pro is coming in at a solid 51 rwhp on the 2012

Install a biggun to a 2012. enjoy having 47 rwhp after tuning the crap out of it. that's -4 rwhp vs the PRO and 6.5 RWHP LESS than the duals.

what else compares? you get what you pay for!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
There is only three good/proven manufacturers of pipes for the brute:
1. Muzzy
2. Ron Woods
3. Leo Vince

Look them up on the net. The rest is just crap and waste of money.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'll admit, I was never taught how to read a dyno chart. I guess I read them wrong. I always feel like power looks flat up front (the way I view them). Why do the dyno charts not start at 1mph? Why do they pick up at 25mph? Is there no gains below that? Alot of my riding can be below 25 in the slow techinical stuff. It's why I never bothered with a pipe.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
it's just the way the chart reads. you can start a run at zero mph, but the clutch has to ramp up and load to get the tires turning and this can cause it to burn out on the dyno rollers.

I usually start at 10 mph.

25 mph is the generally peak power where these motors and clutching lay down the most power to the wheels. on can am's it's about 40-50 mph

John

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thank you for the explanation. BTW, are the MSD's all set for the 2012's now. I remember they weren't right at first. If and when I get a pipe I was leaning on the duals but also considering the Ron Woods. I'm just trying to figure out total for parts I'll need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The reason i went with the big gun was mainly due to the sound to me they sound alot better than the muzzy. A friend of mine has the muzzy pro and mine sounds alot better to me mine is also faster but mine is a 2012 and his is an 08. To me a brute force is plenty fast stock so i was just looking for a good sound just was trying to see if any body else had the same setup which i could use there tfi setup. Thanks for everybodys help but im not planning on switching to a muzzy i just put this one on... thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tuned on it a little today everything was set in the base mode after messing with it some it really woke it up. Very happy with the sound and performance of the big gun system...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Most of the people here run MSD FI, i dont think i have seen anyone here running a big gun, i am assuming you have bought it on ebay as a package.

Big gun exhaust piping is same diameter as stock so not too much gain
There

Dont ask me how i know ;)im currently waiting for a muzzy exhaust that actually gives gain and then i will sell my two month old big gun ;)
You might want to get you a tape measure and measure a Brutes stock head pipes you can put them in a Big Guns and have room to spare.

KAWI RULES

·
Banned
30 Posts
well bud all I can say is I just I installed muzzy duals & a digituner and man what a difference.my only concern is how set up the tuner a little finer.any tips on that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well bud all I can say is I just I installed muzzy duals & a digituner and man what a difference.my only concern is how set up the tuner a little finer.any tips on that
Well the only way to get it perfect would be to put on a dyno but you can get it close by just adjusting it to your riding style ride a little and try it out... good luck..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2012 brute force Big Gun Exhaust

Went riding today and I am really impressed with my big gun exhaust love the sound and performance the exhaust have a really deep good tone sound.

·
Registered
7 Posts
VFJ,
if i am wanting to go the single out exh route. which model for muzzy is the best for my 2012. plus what kind of tuning am i looking at and what CDI?
my ultimate goal is to have full exhaust, cdi, possibly ignition module (your thoughts), keeping stock air filter, 29.5 lawz, not sure which clutch kit im going to go with but i dont want to loose a ton of power, id like to keep her fast and capable. 2'' lift, and want snorkles but not sure how much power loss or what its going to take to get her dialed in just right.
i appreciate any help or advice bud. great stuff you got going btw man keep it up!
2012 750 SE EPS

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know what charts you are looking at but there is absolutely ZERO loss at the bottom end. actually the bottom is where most of the HP is made 25 mph is the largest HP gains.

and count on the almighty Muzzy duals. show me a pipe that can even come close to performance OR sound that good!! 2012 750 is 42 rwhp stock. 53.5 rwhp after the duals and tuning. and the single pro is coming in at a solid 51 rwhp on the 2012

Install a biggun to a 2012. enjoy having 47 rwhp after tuning the crap out of it. that's -4 rwhp vs the PRO and 6.5 RWHP LESS than the duals.

what else compares? you get what you pay for!!
VFJ,
if i am wanting to go the single out exh route. which model for muzzy is the best for my 2012. plus what kind of tuning am i looking at and what CDI?
my ultimate goal is to have full exhaust, cdi, possibly ignition module (your thoughts), keeping stock air filter, 29.5 lawz, not sure which clutch kit im going to go with but i dont want to loose a ton of power, id like to keep her fast and capable. 2'' lift, and want snorkles but not sure how much power loss or what its going to take to get her dialed in just right.
i appreciate any help or advice bud. great stuff you got going btw man keep it up!
2012 750 SE EPS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts