Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ! New to forum and was wondering what types of noises are expectable with my Brute Force 750I EPS. I'm about to finish the break in period and noticed the front end creaking. Sounds like it's coming from the front diff but not too sure. Should this type of noise be normal, an I over thinking it? I've got about 10 hours on it (4 years warranty). going from a Honda to a Brute 750 is night and day ! wow what a machine lol

Any advice or help would be great !

thanks from Atlantic Canada

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does it when I'm going down hill, or on and off the throttle. I noticed it when coming to a stop also. slow and fast. It doesn't feel broken and going into 4x4 seems ok.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like the A Arm Bushings creaking to me... These machines have crap bushings (stock) in the A Arms, as you will find out. Not something that is going to haunt you if you take care of the machine, but could surely be (and has been) made better. They definitely need grease zerks and better bushings.

My Prairie had a recall and the shop that did mine actually left part of the bushings out when they did the recall and it wasn't 5 hours later I was replacing the front bushings myself. Good thing I found the problem before it tore something up for good or worst, caused me to crash.
Although it wasn't a design problem but rather a stealership problem, it was still annoying to have to fix someone else's mistake.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Sounds like the A Arm Bushings creaking to me... These machines have crap bushings (stock) in the A Arms, as you will find out. Not something that is going to haunt you if you take care of the machine, but could surely be (and has been) made better. They definitely need grease zerks and better bushings.

My Prairie had a recall and the shop that did mine actually left part of the bushings out when they did the recall and it wasn't 5 hours later I was replacing the front bushings myself. Good thing I found the problem before it tore something up for good or worst, caused me to crash.
Although it wasn't a design problem but rather a stealership problem, it was still annoying to have to fix someone else's mistake.

2012 and up have a new rubber bushing setup similar to what honda has used for years.
Its really hard to diagnose noises like this, maybe try spraying lubricant on all moving joints

·
Registered
27 Posts

2012 and up have a new rubber bushing setup similar to what honda has used for years.
Its really hard to diagnose noises like this, maybe try spraying lubricant on all moving joints
That's good that they have changed those. Sorry, I didn't realize that they had changed them. Haven't been on the new Brutes.

Even so, that could still likely be the source of the creaking. I'm sure the new design is better.... At least I hope it is, but like anything, if it moves it is likely to squeak. I'd bet on something like that given the situations where the squeak could be heard. Sounds like it squeaks when weight is being shifted rather than when a load is applied to turn the diff.

Just an idea though.... I could be completely off track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts