Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently entered the world of gas powered toys/atvs. I have 7 year old twin boys that started with power wheels, then razors and electric go carts. We first bought a kfx 50 and then found a good deal on a 2015 KFX 90 that needed some TLC.

I did my research and studied carb diagrams and dove into a carb rebuild. The kfx 90 was real dirty so I cleaned the essential parts to the best of my ability and along with buying and installing an All Balls rebuild kit. It would run previously but stalled when applying the initial throttle. I rebuilt the carbs and cleaned the air cleaner box and filter, installed a new fuel filter and cleaned and blew out all the associated hoses. I tried to restart it afterwards and it will run but not take any

throttle without stalling. I ohm testes the automatic choke and it was out of spec so I am waiting on a new one.

Anyways I had some questions about the carb and air cleaner connections.

The Carb:

In the carb parts diagram I see that there is an screw assembly adjustment which I assume is the air mixture screw? The part is 23013 in the link below. However I can’t find it on my carb? I see where I think it should go but it’s just a silver cylinder with what looks like no way to adjust it. Also can someone tell me what each of the numbered holes are?

https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/54d8f98387a8651e14b3bd23/carburetor-adf-sim-aff

Also there is a nipple/drain on the air cleaner that I cannot figure out what attaches to it.

Then the gas evaporator?? has an unconnected hose that I have no idea what it hooks up to.

I am kind of stumped at this point and am not sure how to adjust the air fuel mixture so the quad will run correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Trying to get my family out and riding!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
drill a tiny hole in that silver disk and thread a screw into it and pry the disk out under it you will find your air mix screw. it is blocked off for the C.A.R.B emissions crap. thanks California. the drain on the air box may not hook to anything most of the time they just have a rubber cover with a clamp and it may be missing just find a vacuum line plug or something to slip over it and add a clamp. it is there to provide an easy way to get water out of the air box. if the other end of that hose is connected to the air box look for someplace on the crank case, it looks like the pcv hose to me. are you positive you got the jets back in the correct holes, some carbs the jets are the same just different sizes. did you follow the correct procedure and set the float height, if you open the drain on the bottom of the carb do you have free flowing fuel. put in a new plug. let me know if you need more help

·
Registered
1 Posts
so did you figure out where this hose went? I have the same bike(2014) model and I rebuilt the carb but it wont idle. I am going to try n replace the fuel filter today and see if it will run/idle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts