Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2015 mule fxt le knowing it had a transmission problem. Looking for help on fixing it. I can hold the shifter in high mode but it pops out very easily. L gear works great. Let me know your thoughts on fixing it. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently purchased a 2015 mule fxt le knowing it had a transmission problem. Looking for help on fixing it. I can hold the shifter in high mode but it pops out very easily. L gear works great. Let me know your thoughts on fixing it. Thanks
Any update on this thread? I have a 2016 with the same issues

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any update on this thread? I have a 2016 with the same issues
Behind right rear wheel there is a cable adjustment bracket on frame .My 2017 did the same thing move your shifter lever in and out of high gear and observe how arm on granny is moving. Make your adjustment in high gear and make sure the arm on tranny is moving more to farther to engage position.
Amount depends on each different unit. My unit was almost 1/2 " !!!
Great job Kawasaki unit was brand new .....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Behind right rear wheel there is a cable adjustment bracket on frame .My 2017 did the same thing move your shifter lever in and out of high gear and observe how arm on granny is moving. Make your adjustment in high gear and make sure the arm on tranny is moving more to farther to engage position.
Amount depends on each different unit. My unit was almost 1/2 " !!!
Great job Kawasaki unit was brand new .....
Thanks! I’ll give that a try, I’ve been told the high gear was worn and trans needed to be split. I was actually going to start the pull this am! So I’m definitely going to try that first!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! I’ll give that a try, I’ve been told the high gear was worn and trans needed to be split. I was actually going to start the pull this am! So I’m definitely going to try that first!
I found it helpful to Mark a starting point on tranny case aligned with lever arm to orient as a starting point. Adjust just a little at a time as not to mess with the other gears R..N..L. Also remember the shifter lever in cab will only move just so far before hitting plastic. The 1/2" I moved my tranny lever was huge blunder on Kawasakis behalf. however I have never had another problem. Over 3 yrs. Now.
Hope this helps ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same problem, i noticed my shifter buried into the plastic surround going all the way up for low but stopped 3/4 of an inch from the bottom. I tried pushing that adjustment towards the seats 1/4 inch but it appears to slip out more. im going to try the other way towards the back. was looking for a method to set it right up have not found it yet. it would seem you want the detents on the shifter synchronized or lined up with the position on the gear case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts