Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had your mule pro fail to run over 15mph??? I have changed the fuel filter, the belt and it will not run over 15 mph or reach max rpms. I have had constant problems out of this lemon. Not many good times rolling here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Stupid question but is your seat belt fastened?
Blow out female end and wipe off male end.
I had a leaf get trapped in the female end of mine and it kept the belt from reading it was fastened.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a stupid question at all, it is latched. The day before it would only reach 40, the day before that it ran full speed. It did take a little extra time/distance to reach full speed. It’s like it’s dragging a tank. It won’t reach full rpms in neutral.
i have had issues since the first month I bought it. I would like to think it something that simple. This unit continues to let me down.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not a stupid question at all, it is latched. The day before it would only reach 40, the day before that it ran full speed. It did take a little extra time/distance to reach full speed. It’s like it’s dragging a tank. It won’t reach full rpms in neutral.
i have had issues since the first month I bought it. I would like to think it something that simple. This unit continues to let me down.
Have them check it out when you take it in for the recalls. It's still under warranty I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
126 Posts
Have them check it out when you take it in for the recalls. It's still under warranty I assume.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

They have no idea when parts will be available for recall in my area. This will be the fifth warranty issue in two years. It has left me stranded in the woods more than once. The machine is not abused, but we use it a lot. Two fuel pumps, an alternator, raising the fuel cell vent, a few latches falling off, now this. I keep it serviced per the manufacturer recommendations. I have no idea what’s going on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't think I'd be as calm as you are. Wow! That's a lot of problems!!
Maybe hit a Kawasaki rep up and talk to them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been in discussions with Kawasaki, and I will say they have been excellent to deal with. I'm just tired of dealing with them. Ive learned staying calm always works out better than being angry.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would definitely call my dealer and bring it in there I wouldn't run it like that, you never know they might make you a special deal on a trade, I've seen it before from the factory rep

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Valve clearance checked? Do NOT add more oil then the 4 hatch marks on the stick. Just thinking out loud.
Ended up being another fuel pump. Kawasaki replaced it. Although I’m thankful for such a great warranty, this is the second fuel pump since I bought it new in March of 18

·
Registered
28 Posts
How many miles on your machine, I have 4800 on a 2019 Ranch and have had good luck with mine except had to replace fuel filter about 3700 miles, my main problem now is the clutch rattles real bad, last Aug they took it apart and said it was ok with about 2700 miles, they are going to check it out again when my warranty parts come in, I will not accept it back untill it's fixed. Just curious about carrying a fuel pump now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts