Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

for anyone and everyone reading or with knowledge, I’m looking to increase ground clearance for my mule.
As I’m sure many know, the longer mules have issues getting through just about anything, and getting over just about everything.

I’ve started looking into getting a lift kit for my mule as well as larger tires. My question is, has anyone ran into issues with fitment, specific brands to stay away from, certain brands they recommend etc.

For tires, stock size is 23”, so I’m looking at getting 25/26” tires with mud/dirt tread, I have about 3 acres of wet lands so the stock tires just don’t cut it at all.
Thanks for all the help in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know I'm way late to answer your question, but maybe someone else could use the info.

My 2015 has a 2" lift with 26" tires on 12" wheels. I can go through or over almost anything my dad's Ranger 800XP with 28" tires can. But, I might have a tire in the air and be moving a little slower!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know I'm way late to answer your question, but maybe someone else could use the info.

My 2015 has a 2" lift with 26" tires on 12" wheels. I can go through or over almost anything my dad's Ranger 800XP with 28" tires can. But, I might have a tire in the air and be moving a little slower!

Just curious, does the Trans 4010 do decent off road? I don't want to go fast, just take the family on some trails every now and then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the bigger, off-road tires and lift, it does fine off road. It still rides like a mule with it's 3 inches of suspension travel, but with the rear locker and 4wd, it will go through or over just about anything within reason. It will move along fine with only 3 wheels on the ground. Just be aware of the receiver hitch and the way it hangs down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
With the bigger, off-road tires and lift, it does fine off road. It still rides like a mule with it's 3 inches of suspension travel, but with the rear locker and 4wd, it will go through or over just about anything within reason. It will move along fine with only 3 wheels on the ground. Just be aware of the receiver hitch and the way it hangs down.

Awesome thank you! I'm done with my mudding days, use to have a brute force but now with 3 kids just want something to use on our property and some trail rides couple times a year. Appreciate the response, they seem fairly durable and easy to work on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been really happy with my 4010. The only problem I've had was the coil packs died--1 under warranty and the other a year or 2 later. I haul all kinds of stuff and pull a Kuntz rough cut mower with it (for places I can't or don't want to take the tractor).

Our property is in East Texas. The roads are basically red clay. When they're wet, they're like a roller coaster. When it rains, they wash out and become a rutted mess. When they dry out, you still need 4wd and the diff lock to get up the hills because you spend a lot of time with a tire in the air. Once a year, we will work on the roads with the front end loader and box blade.

All of that to say that I think the 4010 will do fine for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been really happy with my 4010. The only problem I've had was the coil packs died--1 under warranty and the other a year or 2 later. I haul all kinds of stuff and pull a Kuntz rough cut mower with it (for places I can't or don't want to take the tractor).

Our property is in East Texas. The roads are basically red clay. When they're wet, they're like a roller coaster. When it rains, they wash out and become a rutted mess. When they dry out, you still need 4wd and the diff lock to get up the hills because you spend a lot of time with a tire in the air. Once a year, we will work on the roads with the front end loader and box blade.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
8 Posts

I'm sorry to hijack this thread- does anyone know if the ROPS is removable temporarily? I have an enclosed cargo trailer to go pick it up but it's 3" too high to fit inside and thinking of removing the rops and reinstalling when I get it home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought about that, but I'm driving 2.5 hours to get it and would rather have a definitive solution, I'm worried air out still may be too high.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The ROPS probably could be removed, but I'm about 6 hours from my mule, so I can't be sure. I've never tried it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sorry to hijack this thread- does anyone know if the ROPS is removable temporarily? I have an enclosed cargo trailer to go pick it up but it's 3" too high to fit inside and thinking of removing the rops and reinstalling when I get it home.
Is that 3 inch problem at the door opening or the interior roof of the trailer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts