Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to run over to the Kawie dealership yesterday to buy another flag whip, and they had one of the new, orange Brutes in the lot. Have to say, it was a surprisingly good looking color. Didn't really think much of it from the website pics, but wow did it pop in person. I think I like it equally well to the candy lime green.

Reactions: Swanny52

·
Super Moderator
12,552 Posts
I was looking at one the same color last week; like you, I was surprised that I liked it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I like the red. Ashame the red dosnt have eps

·
Registered
521 Posts
I still like the four headlight look better than the two headlight setup. Just looks a little meaner IMO!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still like the four headlight look better than the two headlight setup. Just looks a little meaner IMO!
Me too.
I keep hoping every year that they either go back to the first gen figure 8 headlights, or use the latest Teryx double headlight.
I also think the new Teryx KRX1000 headlights/front end on a Brute would really look good!

·
Registered
521 Posts
For sure. The front end on that 1000 is very cool. Kawasaki really needs to redesign the dated look of the Brute. Redesigned plastics, bigger engine (850 would be nice), 2-up option, heated grips/seat, and Elkas right out of the box. I’m in!

Reactions: kickstart

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Two-up 850 would be nice.
The stickers need to go for sure.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thats a pretty good price

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can someone tell me what years is the last update refresh? Looking to go used maybe. I think it 2015 the last efi update?

Thank you

·
Registered
860 Posts
Can someone tell me what years is the last update refresh? Looking to go used maybe. I think it 2015 the last efi update?

Thank you
If you do get one please post pictures 😃

·
Registered
860 Posts
id never buy anything canam so cant really say much about the xmr. Heard to many bad things about can am and theres to many things I dont like about them which is why I bought a bruteforce and Id buy another brute in a heartbeat if I needed a new bike.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea still stuck between a brute force 750 2020 and a xmr 850.

Not going used people are too dumb here in canada lol

There no thread about 2015 and up reliability so not too sure yet
I guarantee you that you'll have more issues with an XMR than you will with a Brute.
The Brute is one of the most refined models in all of atv land. They've basically just tweaked a few things here and there since 2012. And the engine in the 2012 is very similar to the basic Kawasaki vtwin engine first utilized in 2002. You get 8+ years of refinement and part availability.

Ask Rob Farrow on YT what he thinks of both his Kawie and his XMR. He just had the transmission and rear gear case of his XMR explode this winter. And Can Ams are NOT cheap to fix.

The new Brutes have been largely trouble free. A few have had fuel pump issues, and a few have had stator issues, but that's about it.

I'd already have a new Brute if they had the rear suspension of an Outlander, and if they changed the front fascia. Just never been a fan of the front end on the new Brute. But I could get past that if I had to. The rest of the bike looks fantastic.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I guarantee you that you'll have more issues with an XMR than you will with a Brute.
The Brute is one of the most refined models in all of atv land. They've basically just tweaked a few things here and there since 2012. And the engine in the 2012 is very similar to the basic Kawasaki vtwin engine first utilized in 2002. You get 8+ years of refinement and part availability.

Ask Rob Farrow on YT what he thinks of both his Kawie and his XMR. He just had the transmission and rear gear case of his XMR explode this winter. And Can Ams are NOT cheap to fix.

The new Brutes have been largely trouble free. A few have had fuel pump issues, and a few have had stator issues, but that's about it.

I'd already have a new Brute if they had the rear suspension of an Outlander, and if they changed the front fascia. Just never been a fan of the front end on the new Brute. But I could get past that if I had to. The rest of the bike looks fantastic.
For me its the fact of can ams pricing. And 3 wheel drive wouldnt really work for me. They only have 1 brake lever. I would never get used to that. The Outlanders dont look to bad but still dont really do it for me. I heard can am parts are expensive as hell to.

Reactions: kickstart
1 - 20 of 58 Posts