Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 2020 Brute Force 750 new last July and broke it in according to the manual, keep under half throttle for first 10 hours or 60 miles and keep from holding the same RPM for long periods of time, if I remember right. I am looking at putting some better tires on it so I have been watching some youtube videos on the Brutes. A couple of videos I was watching on 2012+ 750's were pulling wheelies on pavement no problem while sitting down just by mashing the throttle from a dead stop. I have also read on here and other forums that these can pull wheelies no problem and just have monster low end torque. Mine does not seem to be that torquey. It has lots of power and torque but not quite as much as I was anticipating. I have rode Brute Force 750's in the past, both my brother-inlaws have 2012+ 750's that they bought brand new but I have never tried wheelieing them or anything. I owned a 2002 Prairie 650 for 5 years and a 2003 for 3 years and both of those 650's felt more powerful than my 750 with my seat of the pants dyno anyways. You could romp on the gas on those 650's and break the back end free instantly at 30+ mph. My 750 does not do that nearly as easily or instantly.

Anyone else ever have this issue? I know "power" is kind of a subjective topic and hard to prove but should I be bringing this up to my dealer while it is still under warranty?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
A 2020 stock 750 should be able to wheelie once you mash the throttle just sitting on the seat with no persuasion. You could send vforcejohn your stock ecm and he can retune it - you wont believe the improvement.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s the impression that I was under. Compared to my previous Prairie 650’s this 750 hasn’t been very impressive. I may have to reach out to vforce John and see what he suggests. What’s the best way to get in touch with him?

·
Super Moderator
12,619 Posts
Take it to the dealer, if on warranty.
Was it like this from new? I have a 2002 650; when it was stock it would have been easily killed by a 2020 BF750.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's been like this since new. I will have to call my dealer and have them check it out. It's still on warranty until July so atleast I have time to wait for it to warm up a bit here in Utah and test it out.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Yeah, it's been like this since new. I will have to call my dealer and have them check it out. It's still on warranty until July so atleast I have time to wait for it to warm up a bit here in Utah and test it out.
Where are you in Utah?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I am up in the Heber area.
I ride up there all the time. Cascade Springs, Snake Creek, Little Valley, Walsburg Main, Lime Canyon, Pole Line Pass, etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice, maybe we will have to meet up sometime and go for a ride. Beautiful area. Little Valley used to be my go to place because it was more or less a "locals only" knew about it trail. Over the last 3-4 years though word must have gotten out somehow. That area is pretty tracked up anymore!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts