Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't used the mule hardly this winter due to the "weather"....started it this morning (stays in the garage), ran it down to the barn for a few minutes, when I started it again the engine light came one...NOTE: this happened once before about 6 months ago...a very sharp member here said to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, then reconnect...this reset whatever it was..and the light stayed off. Well, happened again when I got ready to leave the barn, started it, light stayed on...I came to the house and disconnected the battery. This time, didn't go off when I re-started the mule.... anyone have any ideas??? PS: Really like the mule, but it doesn't see much action during the winter...thanks! Shrps74

·
Registered
239 Posts
See if you can find the trouble code. Turn switch key off turn the switch key on push and hold the left button on your odometer screen for more then 2 seconds to start theself dio mode. the service codes will be displayed on the screen. Let me know what code you got.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See if you can find the trouble code. Turn switch key off turn the switch key on push and hold the left button on your odometer screen for more then 2 seconds to start theself dio mode. the service codes will be displayed on the screen. Let me know what code you got.
I tried this several times...once I'm holding the button (its the only button on the left and its under the screen), nothing else happens. PS: the radiator fan always comes on for a few moments when you turn the key off. So, no codes that I can find....shrps74

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tried this several times...once I'm holding the button (its the only button on the left and its under the screen), nothing else happens. PS: the radiator fan always comes on for a few moments when you turn the key off. So, no codes that I can find....shrps74
The code displays where the odometer/hour meter is, and it only displays if the check engine light is currently on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So my father in law has a 20 Mule Pro-FXT with the same issue. The code in self diagnosis mode is 13- water temp sensor open or bad. As mentioned fan runs a lot as well. Sensor is $40, however it’s still under warranty so the dealer will fix it if needed. The sensor is on the driver side of the engine on this model, directly below the throttle body. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction, never knew it had a self diagnosing mode pretty neat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Mule Pro MX eps. had several problems at one time. Went to drive last weekend and the power steering was not working and the check engine & eps light was on. After checking fuses, I saw that a varmint had made a nest under the seat. I checked the wiring and appeared to be ok, then I saw that he chewed the drivers seat belt in half and causes the mule to skip when driving. I did a code test and got a 39. Can't find what this is.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a 2018 Mule Pro MX eps. had several problems at one time. Went to drive last weekend and the power steering was not working and the check engine & eps light was on. After checking fuses, I saw that a varmint had made a nest under the seat. I checked the wiring and appeared to be ok, then I saw that he chewed the drivers seat belt in half and causes the mule to skip when driving. I did a code test and got a 39. Can't find what this is.
Code 39 means that the display and ECU can't communicate, 2 wires, one white with gray stripe and one gray with a yellow stripe should be checked. My guess is that you have a nest under the hood also. Hood removal is a pain as there are hidden fasteners and I would guess the instructions for the Kawasaki heater would include hood removal, see https://www.kawasaki.com/Content/Uploads/Accessories/999941163/ii_999941163.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts