Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2020 Mule
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Mule Pro FXT Rancher Series. I am having issues and I can't figure it out. Had it back to the dealer 3 times. Waiting to get it back this time but don't think it will be fixed as they are trying the same thing as last time, a new fuel pump.
Here is the issue. It works great for 30-40 miles. May be worse when it is hot out. (Eastern Oregon hot, 90-100) My last trip, we were in the desert east of Jordan Valley. Went on a 60 mile ride. At about 40-45 I could tell it was having issues, but we had just crossed over the top of a ridge and started down, so the dying out was less noticeable, just felt like a slight miss or stall. When we started back, it would get up to 35 for a few miles, then start missing, drop to 30 or so then back to 34-5 go maybe 1/4 mile, drop to 28 and then back to 32. It would keep this up, One time we were headed up a slight hill and it got all the way down to 4 mph. I wasn''t sure we would make it back, so i decided to shut it off and let cool. We sat there a few minutes and I fired it up, and back to 35mph. Within 5 miles or so it was down to 15, so I tried just shutting it off, counting to 10 and starting it back up. It was back to 35. We did this 5 or 6 more times and made it back to camp. Each time we would shut off motor for count of 10 or even less and it would go right back to full speed. Next day it drove fine for first 40 miles then on way back did the same thing. We again just turned it off, turned on key, waited for pump to stop and away we went.

I had it in about 6 months ago and they tested fuel pump and said it was low pressure and put on a new one. Symptoms are exactly the same this time.

Anyone heard of this or have a clue?? Sounds more like a computer issue, but not sure. Could the computer lower the voltage to the fuel pump?
This is a video we took, showing it dying out then a restart and back to full speed
Video with restart
This on is just us driving down the road, didn't get speedometer in screen so you need to listen to us call out speed.

· Registered
2020 Mule
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer put on two new fuel pumps. Second one seams to have fixed issue. Tried one but still had issue. Over time, usually when 30-40 miles it would start to die out. They said both times the fuel pump lost pressure over time. I was skeptical but so far....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts