Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new FXT was delivered yesterday 11-12-20 and with the first start I noticed a slight knocking sound coming from the what I believe is the clutch. I put a little over an hour on it yesterday with no change in the knocking. Today I get on it and its noticably louder at idle after a cold start. After driving it up to temp the knock is still there at idle but not as loud. Also after the machine is warm it will make the noise just above 30 mph. I called the dealer and they are going to pick it up and diagnosis the problem. This is NOT how I wanted to start off with my new ride ....
Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Others have posted similar issues here.
I also have a 2020 and started making a chirping noise in Low 8-10mph High 20-30 mph. Cannot locate where it’s coming from but definitely drivetrain. Seems to go away after driving for half an hour or so and it’s louder when it’s cold outside.
Hasn’t been to the dealer yet but keep us posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have a new 2020 LE just over 55 miles on it. I have herd it. I could really hear it after first time i drove it, came home did some searching thinking i would find tons of threads about it. well there are a few on here but nothing major, just type it in the search all the old post will come up. I do not hear it as much the more i use it. For all the units they have sold i think if it was a big deal you would see more about it. So im just going with normal for now. 3 year warrenty!! that is why i went Kawasaki this time!!

do not know if this is your first machine? But i love my Mule Pro this thing is like a Caddy, Smooth butter engine, plush ride, and Quite. Built crazy strong. i came form a Polaris ATV that thing popped and groaned crazy loud felt like it could just fall apart anytime every ride but never did.

Keep us posted

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had mine in to service 4 times for this issue. 2 times with 2 different dealers. One added some shims but wasn't able to resolve it. Created a case with Kawasaki and they still didn't much care and offered no assistance. Dealer's heard the issue but Kawasaki doesn't want to do a thing about it.

When cold, the clutch fingers (or whatever they are called) clatter and pop. Once it warms up and the heat gets transferred into the clutch it tends to dissipate and eventually go away completely. Once it cools back off, it'll do it again.

During the warm summer months with ambient temps > 70, mine never makes a sound.

So, basically, 8 months out of the year it doesn't do it and the other 4 it does. I've pretty much learned to ignore it now that I've tried so many times to resolve it.

Having taken it in so many times, I just figure if the clutch breaks once it's out of warranty, I have plenty of evidence to use against them to get them to honor a warranty repair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll keep this in mind if it comes to that. Mine is doing EXACTLY what you described. After it heats up I never heard it at idle. I love the machine but for the price I paid I expect it to be 100% . I'm keeping all my contact with the dealer and kawasaki well documented.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts