Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2021 mule and as I have read in other posts I have a knocking sound. It has 1 hour of use. Is this common and not to worry?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it sounds like mine It’s not right but seems to be pretty common. My research here tells me it’s the clutch. I have a 2020 fxt and it’s very noticeable when it’s cold. Run it for 20 minutes and it goes away.

·
Registered
Kawasaki Mule 550, KAF-300-C5
99 Posts
The SX mules seem to have a noisy CVT set up, it'll almost make you think it's big end noise.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't recall any knocking on the sx's but I have not heard a 21 model run, I left the dealer just as they were hitting the ground

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2020 FXT did the same thing the day of delivery. I notified Kawasaki directly and also contacted the dealership. If something does happen after my 3 year warranty expires I have a record of the problem at day one. I believe it's "normal" because multiple friends of mine that have various years of the fxt have the same issue with the clutch knocking. One guy has over 13k miles on his and the clutch hasn't failed yet. I'm getting ready to do the first service and I'm debating on having the dealership look into a warranty repair. I love the machine but that rattling in the clutch is VERY ANNOYING!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2021 mule and as I have read in other posts I have a knocking sound. It has 1 hour of use. Is this common and not to worry?
Had a knocking sound in my Mule MX after changing the oil. Apparently, if over filled, oil will spill into the bottom of the air filter case. Definitely a knocking sound!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had this problem with my 2018 Mule SX. At idle it sounded as if someone was shaking a washtub full of nuts and bolts. I looked everywhere for something loose and never found a thing. When I took it to the dealer for the first service I complained, and the tech checked out the transmission and found nothing amiss. He did find a bad weld on the muffler allowing it to leak and that was contributing to the racket.

in chatting with the technician, he allowed that the Mule was “a pretty primitive” machine.

I've had no other problems with the Mule. That’s my only complaint, at idle it sounds as if the transmission is going to fall out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have a 2020 Fxt LE. After i got mine home i did noticed the noise more, have 140 miles on mine. I hear it a tiny bit every now and then, Mostly at startup but turns faint after warmed up. I also searched this out after i got mine cause i was nervous. but as stated above only found guys with lots of miles and same noise but no problems so i assume it just in the design? and also in other threads guys say some are louder than others...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts