Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2021 Mule Pro MX EPS, has 15 hours on it, bought it brand new in April 2021, and I get that same rattle/chatter that seems to be coming from the front, about 12-14 mph in H, about 6-7 mph in L, and greatly reduced when I put it in 4WD. Seems worse at constant speed, if you work the throttle and coast to hit the right speed it can really vibrate. I can also get it to rattle in neutral by revving. I took it back to the dealer, they greased the primary drive sheave, said it was fixed, it was not, and I took it right back, drove it with the service rep and nicely asked them to try again.

I won’t say the sound is normal, but apparently it occurs on more than one MX unit, thanks for posting about it. I have an ATV that doesn’t make that noise, and I have driven several Mules and numerous ATVs over the years that have not made it either, including Kawasakis.

I will update this thread on the resolution from my dealer.

Dealer called and said they discussed the problem with Kawasaki, who intructed the dealer to replace the primary drive sheave. We will see if that resolves the issue.
Replacing the primary drive sheave & belt did not fix the problem

Dealer called Kawasaki back, and was instructed to replace the front propeller shaft connector ( Part # 13159-Y002) and the front final drive gear assembly aka front differential ( part # 13101-Y004).

This has made the issue better, but not eliminated it completely. It is now more of a noise than a vibration, and only when coasting or decelerating. I am not thrilled, but it again, it is better than it was. I need to use the thing for hunting season instead of having it parked at the dealer waiting on parts. It has 19.7 hours, so I will put some hours on it and see how things develop. Hope this helps others with the same issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new 2022 Mule Pro MX. I’m trying to determine if the sound I’m hearing coming from the front is normal. The sound happens around 15 mph and sounds like a rattle as well as the driveshaft/differential making a rotating noise. Is this noise normal? Any other owners hear this with theirs?
I have a 2022 Kawasaki Mule Pro MX with the same rattle. My dealer has inspected it and couldn’t find any issues. Then I took them for a ride and showed them the rattle 2wheel drive around 14 - 18 mph. Put it in 4wheel drive it goes away. So they put a front prope shaft in it and said it was fixed but it’s still there. Has any one found this noise?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts