Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! Just saying "hello" on my first post. I picked up a new base model Pro MX two days ago after owning a `16 Polaris Ranger 570 for 4 years. So far, I like the Pro MX better. The Kaw has better handling and suspension, more convenience features and more driver comfort/confidence than the Ranger but a slightly smaller bed. The Pro MX doors are cool too. I am surprised to learn that there does not appear to be any aftermarket ECU tuning, intakes or exhausts available for the 695cc MX. I suppose I am too accustomed to the sport bike world. Cheers from the Smoky Mountains' foothills!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome! Good choice. I was surprised to see the MX has bigger throttle body than the FX series.
When I was looking, wanting 3 across seating, pushed me to the FX series.
A friend was also looking and price pushed him to the 4010. I recommended the MX, better suspension, bigger engine, and better looks (my opinion).
He drove both, with his wife and she told him buy which ever you want. He still choose the 4010. Said it would do everything he wants to do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the suspension components also last a lot longer on the MX than they do on the Rangers

I recently changed careers, from a dealer that sold kawasaki to a dealer that sells polaris. In 28.5 years I never once had to replace any bushings on any mule (ever!) and in 3 months, I've put in about 25 sets of control arm and knuckle bushings on different polaris rangers.

Unfortunately the MX doesn't have a lot of aftermarket support. The engine is sourced from Kymco, as I recall. Maybe you can find some kymco parts to fit your Mule MX.

I have a friend who bought a MX and they seem to like it. It's a little on the slow side as all the Mules are but for what they use it for, it seems to fit most of their needs just fine. I'm kind of shopping SxS's too and keep looking at the Polaris General. Then I seen the Yamaha and I kind of like the Yamaha a little better. We just trail ride we aren't racing, but we'd like something a little more sporty than a Ranger or Mule, but not quite RZR or KRX status.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the suspension components also last a lot longer on the MX than they do on the Rangers

I recently changed careers, from a dealer that sold kawasaki to a dealer that sells polaris. In 28.5 years I never once had to replace any bushings on any mule (ever!) and in 3 months, I've put in about 25 sets of control arm and knuckle bushings on different polaris rangers.

Unfortunately the MX doesn't have a lot of aftermarket support. The engine is sourced from Kymco, as I recall. Maybe you can find some kymco parts to fit your Mule MX.

I have a friend who bought a MX and they seem to like it. It's a little on the slow side as all the Mules are but for what they use it for, it seems to fit most of their needs just fine. I'm kind of shopping SxS's too and keep looking at the Polaris General. Then I seen the Yamaha and I kind of like the Yamaha a little better. We just trail ride we aren't racing, but we'd like something a little more sporty than a Ranger or Mule, but not quite RZR or KRX status.
Good info, thanks. I looked closely at Mules, Wolverines and Commanders but none were locally available. I had to drive 150 miles just to get the Mule. I agree the Mule could be sportier and quicker but, given my work use of a UTV on 5 acres of Smoky Mountain hills, the Mule's torque works well and the suspension and handling are better than was my 570 Ranger. The Ranger drive train was clunky too. The Pro MX is a cool, compact work horse. Cheers!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I wanted to see the Yamaha Viking, but none were in stock close by. I had no interest in Polaris. John Deere, Can Am and Honda interested me too, but all were more $$ than a Mule..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi folks! Just saying "hello" on my first post. I picked up a new base model Pro MX two days ago after owning a `16 Polaris Ranger 570 for 4 years. So far, I like the Pro MX better. The Kaw has better handling and suspension, more convenience features and more driver comfort/confidence than the Ranger but a slightly smaller bed. The Pro MX doors are cool too. I am surprised to learn that there does not appear to be any aftermarket ECU tuning, intakes or exhausts available for the 695cc MX. I suppose I am too accustomed to the sport bike world. Cheers from the Smoky Mountains' foothills!

View attachment 75793
That’s exactly what I’m shopping! Supply seems limited around me. Did you find dealers willing to negotiate a little?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That’s exactly what I’m shopping! Supply seems limited around me. Did you find dealers willing to negotiate a little?
Not from my recent experience! They are so scarce in my vicinity (East TN) that dealers get MSRP. I was lucky to even get one which resulted from my persistent internet search. Your area may differ. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not from my recent experience! They are so scarce in my vicinity (East TN) that dealers get MSRP. I was lucky to even get one which resulted from my persistent internet search. Your area may differ. Good luck.
Nope... it’s the same, they’re pretty scarce around here. Central Ohio. Congrats though!

·
Registered
349 Posts
August 2020 a friend bought a 2020 4010. He saved a little over destination charge and sales tax, 6%. So his OTD price was about $150 below list price.
I priced an FXR at $15600 OTD.

·
Registered
3 Posts

View attachment 75793
@HolyKaw – I just purchased the exact model(color too). Looking to get a trailer. What size trailer are you running there? Looks like it may be a 5x8?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@HolyKaw – I just purchased the exact model(color too). Looking to get a trailer. What size trailer are you running there? Looks like it may be a 5x8?
Jason64 - Yes, I think it is 5’ X 8’. Found it at Tractor Supply. The aluminum frame keeps it light enough that I can manually move it anywhere I want by myself. It was barely wide enough to accommodate my Mule Pro MX with about 2” clearance on both sides but it works very well for that and hauling hay, mulch, etc. Tracks well too. 🙂

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pick mine up on Friday and I was looking at the manual and it says that the Mule Pro MX is 60" across, so I was curious if a 5x8 would work. Thanks for confirming! Price definitely jumps up as you get to 6x10 and above, so being able to snag a 5x8 is a major win! thanks again!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bet that trailer is 5x10 as I couldn't close the tailgate on my truck when I hauled my Mule 610 home and the Pro MX is a little longer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I pick mine up on Friday and I was looking at the manual and it says that the Mule Pro MX is 60" across, so I was curious if a 5x8 would work. Thanks for confirming! Price definitely jumps up as you get to 6x10 and above, so being able to snag a 5x8 is a major win! thanks again!
👍

1 - 17 of 17 Posts