Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these on craigslist. They are 26-12 uncut Sandblasters for $50/each if anyone is interested.

SAND BLASTER Tires 26-12

·
Premium Member
4,361 Posts
That's the best deal I believe I've ever seen on those.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
if it sounds too good to be true it typically is... id make sure the beads werent ripped or something wrong with them before i shelled out for them....

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
If they are good tires then that's an awesome deal. You could buy several sets and try different cuts like 32 staggered, 16 staggered, 32 with 16 cut half off, anything you can think of.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, I guess the beads do look like they might be ripped. I would ask for more photos. I saw another craigslist ad that he had for these tires that said that he had a PayPal account.

If anyone would end up buying these and doesn't have a good way to cut them, let me know. I work for a tire company with a retread plant and have all the tools needed to custom cut these tires. I might even be able to repair ripped beads if it is just the rubber torn off and not any damage to the cords in the bead area. If you get some photos from this guy and want me to take a look at them for an opinion, let me know.

By the way, is the 26-12 size for 12" diameter wheels? I am assuming the 26-12 are for 12" wheels and the 26-10 are for 10" wheels. Correct?

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
i thought the same thing but couldnt tell if it was the shadow from the tire or not.....

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is my handi-work with some 22" Dick Cepek paddles (not for my V). I removed 8 paddles and a total of 7 lbs of rubber from each tire. My friend is going to try them on his Honda ATC250R. It did take a very long time, though.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called the craigslist guy and I guess he has about 8 that are uncut 32-paddle tires and 8 that are cut to 16-paddle. :eek:

He is supposed to be emailing me more photos.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
With these tires you want a 10" wide wheel. So add that to the cost, they are custom only with 12" diameter Douglas wheels. In the 140-160 dollar each range. Realwheels they are a little cheaper but still over a 100. Can't beat the price though if its not a scam.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's some more photos that he sent me. I was told that they bought the tires from NASA and NASA was planning using them for some "projects" but didn't need them anymore. Looks like there are some Mud Machine Tri-Claws also.

View attachment 19030 View attachment 19031

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
At those prices I would be leary. They are probably blemished tires or something.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
At those prices I would be leary. They are probably blemished tires or something.
Any tire sold as a "Blem" is only a cosmetic issue. For liability reasons, tire companies can't sell them if there are any other issues with them. I wouldn't be worried if they were blems.

It really sounds like he picked them up for next to nothing to resell. It sounds like he really doesn't know much about them based on emails that I have had with him. I had thought about buying 2 or 4 from him just to cut and resell on eBay or something but I don't think I am going to anymore since I just bought some 730 BBK cams & pistons.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, he was working on checking shipping costs for me tomorrow although I am going to have to pass on buying any.

If anyone is really interested, I can PM you his phone number and email address. I believe he is set up with PayPal also. I am only doing this because I know you guys with the real big motors seem to really like this tire and with today's economy, saving any way that you can is a good thing. :tup:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
yes he will ship, has a paypal, im getting a shipping qoute today. he said fedex was closed friday. hes hard of hearing so you gotta talk a lil loud!

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So did anyone end up buying any of these tires?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
never recieved a shipping qoute. and oveedrafted my bank account.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I let if go myself. I was thinking of buying some of the 32-paddle tires and offering them for sale custom-cut but now my funds are going into a 730 build.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts