Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2wd and 4wd work perfectly fine when I switch it, it's just the display is constantly going back and forth and I have no idea how to fix it. 2004 prarie 700 4x4

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
My 2wd and 4wd work perfectly fine when I switch it, it's just the display is constantly going back and forth and I have no idea how to fix it. 2004 prarie 700 4x4
The 2wd/4wd flashes back and forth because the system has detected one or more faults in the system. If your 4wd still works, then the issue is probably with the engine brake actuator or the brake fork. Sometimes it's as simple as just unplugging it and putting dialectic grease in it.
Mine always flashes back and forth because I completely removed my fork, and unplugged the actuator. These bikes have tons of natural engine braking inherent in the clutches.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2wd/4wd flashes back and forth because the system has detected one or more faults in the system. If your 4wd still works, then the issue is probably with the engine brake actuator or the brake fork. Sometimes it's as simple as just unplugging it and putting dialectic grease in it.
Mine always flashes back and forth because I completely removed my fork, and unplugged the actuator. These bikes have tons of natural engine braking inherent in the clutches.
What does the engine brake actuator look like?

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
What does the engine brake actuator look like?
It's that little motor that sits on top of the clutch cover and makes the funny sounds when you turn off the key. Looks just like the 4wd actuator down on the right side of the front diff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts