Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03-Praire 650 just started today.It was fine and then notice 2wd/4wd blinking back and fourth,tried switching into 2wd and nothing.got it back home and shut it off and back on its back to working.is there something I should check/clean or replace?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2wd/4wd blinking

I read birdman71 question yesterday and was wondering what the problem could be because the same thing happened to my 02 650 prairie this weekend 2wd/4wd kept flashing. was wondering if it could be a dirty or gummed up actuatior

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had it happen to me for the past year and knock on wood hasn't failed yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
4x4

Theres a time delay in the flashes to tell u whats wrong with what.the kawie book on your bike will tell you about the delay in seconds and what it would be mine was the engine brake motor. sorrey i cant remember what is what i dont have a book:D

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
just do a search on here and you will find it... ive got my manual out in the garage but with a broken foot im not hopping out there right now to get it..:D ill grab it and check it later but typically its either one of your actuators causing the problem... have you heard any funny sounds coming from your kebc like it might be acting up? if not then id guess its your 4x4 actuator biting the dust...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just do a search on here and you will find it... ive got my manual out in the garage but with a broken foot im not hopping out there right now to get it..:D ill grab it and check it later but typically its either one of your actuators causing the problem... have you heard any funny sounds coming from your kebc like it might be acting up? if not then id guess its your 4x4 actuator biting the dust...
Hann't really noticed anything funny{just the norm}but it has been sitting awhile,just recently started riding again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts