Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a se of 36mm carbs and am not really sure what the deal is with them but one slide will not open up all the way it lacks about a 8th" opening you can change slides caps springs and still that one slide likes a 8th" opening. any ideas. anyone

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
OHVFORCE these are the 36mm carbs I bought off you he's talking about. Did you notice this problem with them when you had them? I tuned and rode my 700 with these carbs for a few days before deciding to sale them, they never missed a lick.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no they arnt anythig in the cap its like the slide has something in it. but i cant see a thing. it looks like the other one. but it wont open

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Dunno Bobby they were 100% perfect when they left here. Is it on the throttle side? If not I have the other carb bodies I can send you... Is the springs the same length? I will help if I can..

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont have them with me but im goin to take a btter look at them are they anything in the slides that holds the needles in that can viberate up and possiable be hung and not falling back down? it still does it with the springs out of the slides just the slide and cap on it. i thought the same thing about the spring. its just like that there is something in there thats holdin it off but there isnt anything there

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Hey gomer any way you could take a video of what your problem is so we can better understand whats going on?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its really pretty simple the slide likes a 8th" goin all the way open something hits the cap its not the spring still does it with it out of the carb. im goin to look at them more when i get home.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got it it was the needle retainer wasnt seated all the way i was just afraid to press it hard enough to seat it down. but now its fine got it seated. ohvforce if you have a extra set of springs and slided that you would like to sell i would like to get anouther set to work on goin to try to solving the mid range lean condition i have ran into in tha past by cuttin the springs down and opening up the vacume ports in the slides to get them to open up faster and give it some more fuel faster

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
I told you they seat hard:p I have what you need I can sell you the extra carbs that are not needed if you want allt that stuff.. 25 shipped to you..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts