Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rims and tires yesterday and got them installed and man this thing shold sling sand and hook good on Clay.I put 4 pounds and they were 22"s and I put a some more air and what do you know 224.5"s out the little tire,I justed want to share because I read where some guys wanted 25" 4 snow tires and they do open up a bit so hope this helps,here is a few picks,the 698 is almost done I had a minnor set back with cam weights and decomp crap but I shipped them to Bart and he is fixxing me up,Thanks Bart,but I will get the bottle on tonight I hope but will see.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Looks good,

That's the beauty of 4snows, you can run them almost flat, for traction on the start and

they grow as you pick up speed, so your gearing increases.

I was bidding on 2 sets of Pro wedges on eBay Tuesday, wanted to compare the two.

Just a tip,

Turn them around and you'll get more traction..

lines on sidewalls should be pointing back not ahead.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks good,

That's the beauty of 4snows, you can run them almost flat, for traction on the start and

they grow as you pick up speed, so your gearing increases.

I was bidding on 2 sets of Pro wedges on eBay Tuesday, wanted to compare the two.

Just a tip,

Turn them around and you'll get more traction..

lines on sidewalls should be pointing back not ahead.
[/b]

This is true. They also don't dig down as much turn backwards. As far as the height you don't need air pressure to swell them. They grow with speed for added height, and gearing.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
i bought a set cuz i wanted them to grow but in soft sand they spun so bad i could barely get out the hole.
i made 3 passes with them and went right back to the haulers.when i hit the gas the motor buzzed up fast but i never moved an inch. :lol:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but you have 2WD and I have 4WD and that makes a very big diffrence,this setup will hook and take off hard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what's the size of rims you bought ?

I have a prairie 700 the size of rims is 12" and the size of rims for the 4 snows is 8" or 9"

So can i buy a 8" rims , does it fits on my prairie ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I doubt it. Clearance for the brakes is probably the main concern.

I think maybe the 8-9” refers to the rim width, not the diameter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts