Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a set of KFX 450R front shocks on my TRX400EX. I'm loving them so far but I want to get a set of covers for them. I'd like to get a set of neoprene ones since I've read that the nylon ones can be rough on the springs and wear the paint off, but I can't seem to find any. The only neoprene ones I can find are Dirt Skins. Problem is that they only make them for the KFX 400s and 700s. However, I have seen some sets on eBay that are listed for 700s and 450Rs (the nylon Monster ones). So, are the 450R and 700 shocks the same size? Or, at least, will a set of 700 covers fit my 450R shocks?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The kfx700 shock covers will fit the 450 shocks, I have a set in my kfx450 shocks. They are a hair long but they work fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tracked down the number to Dirt Skins and gave them a call. They are going to make me a custom set based off the measurements I gave them. They're also giving me a package deal with my stock rear and threw in a t-shirt, too. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking for some shock covers.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The kawie shocks look good on the honda. :tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts