Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was working fine then battery went out. Put in the new battery and 4x4 hasn't worked since. I have swapped out the actuator controler and it is not the problem. I swapped out the 2x4/4x4 switch also with no luck. I tested the actuator per the service manuel specs and it checks out good. The only electrical component left to check is the speed sensor. Any other thoughts on what I should check?

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
is the dash flashing??? or it simply isnt working???

·
Registered
259 Posts
is ur speedo working?? usually when the speed sensor goes bad the speedo nor the 4x4 works

·
Registered
259 Posts
what year is your bike? if its an 05 have you done the buss fix?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IF you got a buddy with the same bike, swap out CDI and the swap out the other control module that looks like a cdi.

Todd
I already tried this too. I have the stock & Dyna CDI. Made the swap with no success. I used the "other box that is a little smaller than the cdi from my dads 700 and no change. I think this is the controller for the actuators.
Mine is a 2004 model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine is back at the dealer that I bought it from with a similar problem. The thing with mine is, it will lock in fine when the bike is cold, but if you run around in 4x4 for a while and get everything good and warm, then switch back to 2x4, it will never lock back into 4x4.

I was riding in a foot of snow this past weekend and this issue caused a hell of a problem. Got stuck in a wash cause I didn't have 4 wheel drive. Did notice once that the speedo stuck at 2 MPH for a mile or so. Then all of a sudden it just started working again. I'm thinking my issue might be the speed sensor.

What is the "Buss fix" 08GREENBRUTE??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nevermind I found your thread in the mudinmyblood forum.

Anybody know if the Buss problem could be causing my 4x4 issue?? I know that thread said it can cause all sorts of electrical problems, so I'm guessing it could have something to do with it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
There is a buss connector under the right rear fender that corrodes and loses contact.This distridutes power to different component.The fix is to cut it out and connect all of the wires together.

·
Registered
930 Posts
So does this "buss fix" also apply to the 2004 model?
Dwayne did you get the 4x4 fixed yet? If not try the display on the handle bars just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dwayne did you get the 4x4 fixed yet? If not try the display on the handle bars just for the heck of it.

No I have not found the problem yet. What do I check for with the display? Or do you mean to swap it out with another one just to see if that is the problem?

·
Registered
930 Posts

No I have not found the problem yet. What do I check for with the display? Or do you mean to swap it out with another one just to see if that is the problem?
Just plug your dads in. It's a circuit board in it so maybe something in it is bad. Easy thing to try since you have one there. If that don't work then we'll have to get into wiring.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts