Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 650 prairie is overheating AGAIN. Replaces water pump seals but I did NOT replace the bearing.
After wards I took the pull start/alternator casing off 3/4 the way until I realized I didn't wanna mess up the timing .. (Im no advanced mechanic by any means). So not knowing what I know now. I unscrewed the casing. BEFORE I DRAINED the oil...
Messy situation to say the least.
Anyway . I re bolted the case. Finished the seals in the water pump. Etc

After that I realized now I have milky oil. First thing to my mind ? Plowed head gasket.

Whelp my buddy just replaces both cylinder head gaskets and valve seals etc. A month ago . MAYBE

Now there is coolant coming from my exhaust pipe HEAVY coolant . how tf did this come about? The bike will still RUN like a raged ape . Unnnntil it starts to overhear .. 15_ 20 mins - couple miles.

Could a couple of my coolant hoses be backwards. Or M.I.A. all together? Maybe. I cN find some answer to this nightmare of a bike i have acquired... One last oooorah before i part ways with this piece of Japanese machinery.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I also just replaced my water pump seals, but I bought a complete kit. It is so much easier to replace the seals with the stator cover off.
Anyways, did you replace the rubber oil seal behind the water pump seal - Ya know the seal that goes in between the water pump seal and the stator case bearing ? This is the oil seal I'm talking about on the stator cover - if you did not replace it, I'm guessing that is what is beat and allowing the coolant to mix in the engine.
Here is my first time for replacement - 1st time water pump seal repair

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you indid replace the seals all of them just didn't tear the stator cover off
I may have knicked and scarred the gasket sealing surface trying to remove rhe old seals with improper tools . al except the vearing was replaced..

Does anyone have a diagram of the hose routing . I looked thr PDF manual up and its just isnt .makinng anything at easier thanks in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts