Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning Everyone,

Brute Force 650 4x4 IRS (2006)

While riding over the weekend with a large group at Red Creek in Mississippi, I got a little anxious and went for my own route. Long story short, I got hung up, bike killed and I took on some water through the exhaust. An ill advised move was made and someone tried to start the bike. When we got back to camp, the bike was hyrdra locked and no water was in the oil at this time. A few hours later when we woke up, I went through the normal routine after taking on water (water was present in oil at this point). New plugs, new oil and filter later, the bike still will not start and I am pulling only 10 psi on a compression test. The weird thing is, if my memory serves me correctly, when the bike is in gear, I could not roll it more than a foot or two in the past and now I can roll it as far as I want to push. Although it is somewhat labored, it does however, roll while in gear. Should the bike roll or should it lock in gear after a few feet?

So far, we are leaning towards new rings and or a bent valve but I am drawing a blank on the movement in gear scenario..... Fire away!!!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
899 Posts
One idea might be that the clutch cover has water in it....belt is very wet, and belt is slipping on the clutches.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did you ride it back to camp or tow? Always take the spark plugs out before trying to start it or you can bend a valve.

·
Vendor
206 Posts
z71jobert, if you find significant internal damage, we can completely reman the BF 650 engine for $2,750 with core exchange with Free Shipping both ways in the lower 48 states. Our reman process includes a complete tear down of the engine, washing and blasting, replacement of worn/damaged components, in house CNC machine work, reassembly by our skilled techs, final inspection/testing, and shipping back to your doorstep. The engine will come back looking and running like new approximately 14 days after we receive the engine. Financing is available if needed. All you have to do is strap the engine to a pallet and we take care of the rest including arranging all shipping logistics. Give us a call at 812-402-8282 if you have questions or if you could like to get the process started. Thanks. www.nflowmotorsports.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the feedback. The bike was towed back. Cleaned the bike up yesterday and I will begin the tear down of the plastics, then do a thorough cleaning before we dig into the motor.

·
Registered
198 Posts
water

I appreciate the feedback. The bike was towed back. Cleaned the bike up yesterday and I will begin the tear down of the plastics, then do a thorough cleaning before we dig into the motor.
hydro locking usually bends rods doesn`t it ? N-FLOW, what did you find in the 700 I sent you? curious----bob

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i would spray PB blaster into the cylinders an let it sit a few hrs
dont spare the stuff i have sprayed a whole can in the cylinders before

·
Vendor
206 Posts
hydro locking usually bends rods doesn`t it ? N-FLOW, what did you find in the 700 I sent you? curious----bob
Just received it yesterday. I just got off the phone with C.W. He said they have not torn it down yet, but he will let you know what they find once they do. Thanks! www.nflowmotorsports.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts