Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hi all from oz!
been using the forum for a while now but seeing as im undergoing a major transformation thought i might actually post something!
I have a fairly tired 04 V which on a recent dune run started spewing oil from somewhere. so after much reading on here i decided a BBK rebuild was the only way to go. Ive since been talking to VFJ about a stage 3 clutch and have decided to go with a fundy 730 kit for the rebuild. engine is fully stripped down ready to go. But as most do, i have questions. the more i read the more mods i end up wanting to add when its all apart as im thinking...yeah while its apart what else can i do?? so here goes, id like to list everything i plan to do and see if theres anything im missing in doing the build. im after a big increase overall but want reliability and rideability. i ride trails and dune and do not drag at all. heres the list ive come up with after all my reading and what i would be running with mods i already have

FPS 730 kit with trail cams
VFJ stage 3 clutch with his new purple spring or the EPI Almond i have
04 rocker mod (still need some education on this)
Spark plug boot mod
12 hole mod
KnN filter
Pro circuit T4 Duels
Carb needles Shimmed
carb Springs cut (also more reading required)
Slides Polished
Re jetted
carb coolant lines removed
Dynatek CDI

ok i think thats about it, anything ive missed or dont need to do?? let the flood gates open! oh and the turbo and NOS recommendatin while valid and oh so desired!!! can be exempt from discussion here, i know and yes i think id kill myself.

also a big shout out to any other Vowner from Australia on the forum. there must be some out there.

Thanks for all the info ive found on here so far, i know i should have a mods signature up but this will prob finalise it for me

cheers!

·
Premium Member
9,455 Posts
Ditch the pro circuts and get a Muzzy or LTE if you want duals

Dont mod the rockers get the new style

Dont forget about an oil catch can

Cross-over intakes

dont forget the nitrous

Fluidyne radiator

CV-4 Hoses

Ditch the K&N go with a twin air Pro Flow system

O yeah dont forget the nitrous

Throw in a high flow water pump while you are at it

and last but not least dont forget the nitrous

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm if only i remembered to say dont mention the Nitrous!

ok keepin the pro circuits as cant see the cost to benifit ratio of throwing them out and getting a muzzy

very interested in the new style rockers compared to modding. I thought modding involved upgrading to the new ones, Info or link most welcomed (oh and have searched high and low on here re rocker mods)

cross over intakes, thought was only for standard internal engine. if this would benefit the 730, id be doing it for sure thanks ill search and read up on it

catch can mod has me a little confused, whats the actual purpose? some say they just do the same mod with a T piece setup and is fine. Is it 100% necesary?

ok ok you got me ill read up on the nos!!

thanks for the feedback!

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
need new pistons? - Outlaw ATV Club - Page 2
como showed me this mod for your rocker arm mod or you can just cut down your shafts then drill ,tap and plug. the point is to remove bolts that hold your shaft in place now.they can break off and fall into your case.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
you con also drill a hole in your back jug tap and vent for your catch can

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what state in aus?
Im in NSW

Ill bee looking at suspension mods down the track but im just getting the engine done to start with.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
You live in the NorthSouthWest---You downunder folk sure are different:p:p:p

Kenny

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I think it's New South Wales....but I'm from Sowth Juysie sew wut du I no?:lol::lol:;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yup you got it New South Wales, ill try to remember not to use abbreviations for you!

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
It's OK to abbreviate, Most of us can figure it out:p, It's just when talk Auzzy is when I need a translater:lol::lol:.....right PSI?

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
:lol::lol::tup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok a couple more questions guys.

Things are progressing well have all my OEM parts ordered to replace all the Dynojet stuff in my carbs and Jets, twin air, rocker mod, etc.
Clutch is off to VFJ for stage 3 mod.

Just wondering what clutch spring most 730 guys use. I currently have EPI pink, maroon and almond as options but am interested in some of VFJ's new high reving ones. Has anyone tried these yet? What does everyone prefer for trail/dune riding with these motors??

Also im still deciding which cams to go with for the build. Ill be getting a Fundy 730 Kit (if their new cams ever come into existence) and will be looking at a stage 2 or 3 cam, Will stage 3 cams be a bit much for a 730 for a trail setup??

last question- Oil Catch can. Is this 100% Nessecary?? i cant seem to find detailed enough info by searching to find out how to do it. any one know any good threads??

thanks again guys cant wait to get this thing up and running..

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
For the trail stay with stage 2 or lower, I have some pics of my catch can set up. You can drill and tap a returne line when you have the cylinders off. I used a PVC pipe "T" with caps and screw in elbows.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
good job:tup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For the trail stay with stage 2 or lower, I have some pics of my catch can set up. You can drill and tap a returne line when you have the cylinders off. I used a PVC pipe "T" with caps and screw in elbows.
Awseom job there thanks for the pics.

Does anyone have any feedback on what primary clutch spring they use with their BBK??

1 - 20 of 26 Posts