Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been talked about before but lets do it again:cool: With some of the good pricing of kits that Big kev is offering doing a BBK is looking possible. I'm wondering what the real difference is between a 730 and a 800? I'm talking about a standard build with out porting, nitrous, or turbo's. I would like to stay with factory carbs if possible. I mainly play in Glamis and I also do some trail riding. I'm not into dragging. Is the 800 worth the extra cash?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I got both 730 and 800 and for just playing around ,trail riding the 730 is my favorite ,hands down.......plenty of power no question

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I got both 730 and 800 and for just playing around ,trail riding the 730 is my favorite ,hands down.......plenty of power no question
Dont you have a 800 and she has a 730...:p:lol:

Best motor I ever had IMO was a AMR 730.

My 840 is faster but for the best bang for the buck it was the 730.

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
If I was to do it all over again I would have stayed with the 730... The 800 is wicked, but the 730 was also very fast.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the reply's. But what is the difference ? Is the 800 just too much to deal with most of the time ?

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I love the torque of the 800 in the sand for the trails i would probably have a 730 more manageable but not for the the sand but thats me

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I had my 800 setup with stock carbs, upp crossover intakes, prairie stacks, Twinair Powerflow, and I really liked it for trails - you just can't beat the raw "grunt" of an 800. I just upgraded from Monster duals to LTE's and stock carbs to 38's, but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It does sound "angrier" :D now, though.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I'm with Bubba

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
Thx for the reply's. But what is the difference ? Is the 800 just too much to deal with most of the time ?

No... the 730 is more reliable imo... I had head gasket issues that seem to be resolved now... If you do go with an 800 use brute cylinders they give more sealing area vs v cylinders. Don't get me wrong my 800 is insane fast with scary topend. I have never seen how fast it will go but i can tell you it is faster than the 730 by a long shot... It all depends what you are going to be doing with the motor. The 730 is a good all around motor...

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I was told the difference was in WHERE the power is. 800cc no headwork stage 1 or 2 cams...LOTS down low, falls a little flat up top. 730 same setup...still real good down low, little better up top...but a 730 REALLY wakes up with a little better stg.3 or 4 cam up top. I took it a 730 is a screamer while an 800 is a puller. Bottom line, $for$.... 730 is your best HP#'s. I'm goin 800 cause I don't need a screamer...but I LOVE LOTS of TORQUE...I'm a diesel guy...so sue me!!! Ed3

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
OHVFORCE has more knowledge than me on this...I only posted what I UNDERSTOOD. Apparently I'm misinformed:confused:. Ed3

·
Premium Member
4,857 Posts
OHVFORCE has more knowledge than me on this...I only posted what I UNDERSTOOD. Apparently I'm misinformed:confused:. Ed3

I had stage 3 cams in my fst 715 and I had 2x cams in the amr 730 the amr was faster than the the fst motor but I had my heads ported and 36 mm carbs where the fst motor was stock heads and stock carbs. Now with the 800 I have Much better pistons and rods with 4x cams with big valves and 38mm carbs. The 4 x may be a tad softer on bottom but on top look out:lol:

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
My little 730 has been known to take care of an 800 or two (Both on and off the juice).:p:D

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
My little 730 has been known to take care of an 800 or two (Both on and off the juice).:p:D
Hope I can stay close with you guys this year with my big pig. :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Big Kev just did a 730 with XX cams and stock carbs in my Prarie and a 800 with XXXX and 36's in the V. The V is Bad Ass but the prairie is my favorite.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Hope I can stay close with you guys this year with my big pig. :D
Sounds like on the drag strip you will be able to clean up on us.

Out on the dunes....... Not so much. :p:lol:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Up hill?

1 - 20 of 161 Posts