Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just rebuilt my 730 what size jets? cut springs and shim? not quite sure jet size have dyno jet kit and a cross reference chart.any one else have the same set up? put in muzzys i just got from enigma sounds great.hope i can take it out for a test ride this weakend:)

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
That's with stock carbs, right? I haven't ran stock carbs forever but at our elevation I would try Keihin 150ish. What needles are you running?

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I bet with that airbox lid you will need to be a lot higher than the 150 range. I am guessing more in the same range that most people run with the 12-hole mod done to their airbox lid.... somewhere in the 180-185 range (KEIHIN jets only).

What altitude are you at?

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
2500 feet.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya what camo said 2500 ft .stock needles.every thing stock just changed to 730 high comp fundy and stage 1 cams and muzzy pipe,want to add ehs hole in top of air box then i can ride in mud some times.and a upp crossover but i don't know where to buy one

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Camo's suggestion is probably closer if you are still running the stock airbox lid right now.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm cutting the hole in the lid right away. what do you shim the needles with i put in 160 r/165f dinojet

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Don't you put the larger jet in the rear?
Or is that a typo?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks i better go change that to 160f/165r is better to start a little rich? i'm not sure what to do thank's .should the numbers be closer with a muzzy pipe

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
They say one size bigger for the rear but with Muzzy equal length head pipes they can be the same size.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks one size bigger for the rear or the same just got a jet kit and changed the needles, dinojet kit clip in the middle 160f/165r ehs in the air lid sounds good?need too get twin air filter maybe i need too step down a size or two with stock air filter?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
took it for a short test ride the pipes were red at nite is it running lean? do the muzzy pipes just glow at nite? do i put in larger jets or give it less air

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Hot pipes usually indicate lean...
If they're actually glowing I would go up in jet size...
I don't think you'll add enuff fuel to get it right by just turning out the A/F screws...
prolly do both....oh and get rid of those dynos...put the Kiehins back in

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
HD, I running the 12 hole mod with a 715 motor, and I am trying to keep the sand out, so I am looking into outerwears that are for cars. I and going to get the size that fits on top of the air box, I might have to add another hole to offset the resistance. They also make them with water resistant coating too.
With crossovers your jetting should be in the 190's Kehin jets with your altitute and mods. with your Muzzy and cross overs should allow same jets like camo said in each carb.

You can get cross overs from UPP or VFJohn, John has some being made up but i do not know when he will have them in, but they will cost less through VFJohn.

http://www.uppracing.com/index.php?cid=108

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
HD, I running the 12 hole mod with a 715 motor, and I am trying to keep the sand out, so I am looking into outerwears that are for cars. I and going to get the size that fits on top of the air box, I might have to add another hole to offset the resistance. They also make them with water resistant coating too.
With crossovers your jetting should be in the 190's Kehin jets with your altitute and mods. with your Muzzy and cross overs should allow same jets like camo said in each carb.
That really seems like a good idea---If you do it---Start a separate thread and let us know how it works.

Kenny

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
That really seems like a good idea---If you do it---Start a separate thread and let us know how it works.

Kenny
Will do Kenny:D

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hot pipes usually indicate lean...
If they're actually glowing I would go up in jet size...
I don't think you'll add enuff fuel to get it right by just turning out the A/F screws...
prolly do both....oh and get rid of those dynos...put the Kiehins back in
ya ok pipes were red just idleing so turned air screw out 4 turns and fixed that.i read on a mudimblood how to guide that if my a/f screwis out more than 3 turns should change my pilot jet has anyone else done this?now about the needles i hear that the dj needle make a lean mix don't know why. but i should change to the kiehins and shim is that right?that should fix the red pipes at the top end. this is my first build thanks for the help:)

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I guess my instincts were correct...
I believe you can change the pilots out from #40 (stock) to#42 (one size up)...
It seems to be what alot have done.
Yes, I would get rid of the DynoJets and go back to Kiehin main jets and needles...
You can get the mains and pilots @ Chapparel Motorsports on the net....google them
the mains are "Kiehin small round"
if you can't find needles I have a set of stockers for parts with good needles I'll sell you cheap...the a/f screws are seized and the carbs themselves are useless but they have good parts on them...
Did you polish your slides yet?
cut your springs? you'll want a #4 washer under each needle...
Camo is from Canada...he is a "Super moderator" on here...
you might want to PM him, I'm sure he'll hook you up with some places closer to you with parts...
he also knows ALOT more about tuning than me...

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the info give it a try camo is working i think he has helped me with my build, hope i get this running before then

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Yeah, sorry about that...:blush:
Damn (view first unread) button....;)
I see he posted to you a couple times above...
good luck on your tuning...
Ed3:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts