Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your opinion on muffler trick please:
I hate to spend $500-600 bucks on a performance muffler. I know the mark-up is at least 80%. On my 08 Kawasaki BF EFI, so far what ive done is took a 16" in length 1/2 drill bit and drilled straight the muffler to open it up. I actually can tell a difference and it does sound a little better. its got a deep rumble sound. SO I went this morning and now bought me a 1" drill bit 18" in length and going to run that trrough the muffler and see if it helps that much more. The bit cost me $41. I figured that was better than spending $550 0n a "Full Muzzy".

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
if your engine is stock, probably close to what an aftermarket slip on will do

A lot of the power on a good aftermarket pipe system comes from the pipes, and then if it's on a built motor

·
Registered
874 Posts
if your engine is stock, probably close to what an aftermarket slip on will do

A lot of the power on a good aftermarket pipe system comes from the pipes, and then if it's on a built motor
Head pipes do make a difference even on stock... Seemed like a lot to me as well till i personally seen the difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoatMan

Check out this link. This guy has the same idea I have except he goes a little farther with it. Looks like he knows what he's doing:
MudInMyBlood Forums How to: Brute Stock Exhaust Mod

Im going to go ahead and drill my stock Brute Force muffler with the 18" length x 1" dia drill bit and see how it goes. It's now 6:00 am. here in a couple hours Im going to going riding in the mountains. Going to take my 500 Sportsman Polaris this time. I will post videos of how my 2008 Brute Force newly drilled muffler sounds and also a video of how my 2007 Polaris Sportsman 500 sounds.
p.s. about the "Power Chip" everyone was talking about earlier? You know these chips are shipped over here from China. They probably buy them a 1000 at a time for 80 cents to 1.20 a piece and then hve the nerve to post em' on ebay for $28. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey lg07brute

another really good way to get some good sound and a bit more power
Stock Exhaust Mod - MudInMyBlood Forums
that post you provided was totally Excellent. I really like how that guy cut his stock muffler open and and re-did it.
works well if you have a work shop (which I do) but for now Im going to go ahead and take a 1" drill bit (18" length) and run it right through my 08 Brute Force muffler & see how it does. You know earlier I posted how Ivwe already drilled through my muffler with a 1/2 bit, I can tell a big difference and it does sound much better jsut with the 1/2 drill. Will post later this evening how the 750 BF sounds with the 1" drill job. I say "piss on" spending $500-600 on a Full Muzzy or a HMF, I dont need it to look cool and pretty, I need some affordable performance :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts