Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

750 brute force no spark?

22K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  brutemankelley 
#1 ·
i have an 05 brute force 750, just rebuilt the motor and tried to start it and it had no spark on the front cylinder. so i took it to a guy he tested and checked all kinds of stuff his final conclusion was the coil pulsing unit (crank sensor) he said the ohms where to high. so i replaced the unit and still the same problem no spark. any suggestions would be great! thanks

#2 ·
just went through a similar problem with mine. On one of the cdi plugs i think it the one in the middle there is a black and yellow wire. its your ground for the ignition. check the continuity with the ground terminal on your battery to see if its grounded properly. if its not your buss connector is probley acting up if you havnt already fixed it fix it if you have fixed it fix it again ive had to do mine a couple of times. does the starter turn over?

#4 ·
yes it does trun over and there is .095 ohms with that wire. yes the key is in and if the key was out would it spark at all bc there is still spark on the rear cylinder. and also i was messing with the front plug on the cdi box today and got one spark on the rear cylinder and then that was it nothing.

#6 ·
I just tried to copy and paste the ignition wiring diagram from my brute shop manual but it won let me because it a PDF. but your going to have to trace the wires down and check for the faulty wire. its happened to me lots of times. its realy easy to do with the wiring diagram. but you basically know its from the cdi like you said you got spark after farting around with the cdi plug. sometimes the connector inside the plug gets corroded and even though the wire is connected to it and its connected to the cdi there is no continuity between the two. start from there and let us know what you find. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.