Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna have to rebuild the top end of my brute, got water and now smokin. I don't want to do the big bore kits, tryin to keep the $$$ down low. I want to bore and replate the cylinders for sure but not sure where the best price is gonna be.... any suggestions to help me get the best outta my 750 with less $$$'s? I also want to do a clutch kit as well. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm gonna have to rebuild the top end of my brute, got water and now smokin. I don't want to do the big bore kits, tryin to keep the $$$ down low. I want to bore and replate the cylinders for sure but not sure where the best price is gonna be.... any suggestions to help me get the best outta my 750 with less $$$'s? I also want to do a clutch kit as well. Thanks for any help.
I doubt you need to bore and replate, those nikasil plated cylinders are pretty tough.

Go with a standard bore kit

·
Registered
50 Posts
i would pull the pistons and clyinders!! have the clyinders miked and checked for wear, if ok i would install some high comp. pistions and after market cams!! if your motor has a lot of miles on it i would rebuild from top to bottom just to be safe!! just my 2cents! and if your clyinders are ok u could just re ring the pistons to keep the cost down!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.... it has 144hrs on it. Just can't stay outta the water....lol!!! love them water willies. This is my first Kawi, I've been on Honda for years and know em inside and out, but the brutes are another world. so much high performance for em I can't make up my mind what I want to do. Its smoke'n pretty bad now so im sure the cylinders are messed up a bit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i wnt run it any more!!! 144 hrs i would bet the clyinders are still ok!! on less u got mud in the motor or one of the rings broke or something like that!! i would hope there ok and just put new rings in it if clyinders are fine!! and if ur doing the work urself,rings wont be to much!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeap, I parked it and gettin the plastics off now. I am gonna have a friend help me with it. He worked with me at the Kawi store and knows his stuff. what about clutches? anyone have any suggestions on a clutch kit setup that works for mud and trail riddin?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i havent done this yet but everyone is telling me to go with VForce John's stage 3, hes everywhere on this site, easy to find him, i think its a $250 mod or somewhere in that nature

·
Registered
50 Posts
are you runing oversized tires or planingg to? you will need to clutch according to tire size!! i'm not sure what all the vforce john mod gives you other then improved belt squeeze and top end increases!! not really worth the bucks imo!! unless your clutches have groves worn in them! one of my brutes has over 3050 miles on it and still no wear! now if i had a drag bike this would be a must!! maby john can chime in on this topic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YEA I have 29.5 swamplites and may get outlaws or silverbacks later. I need to do a clutch kit for sure but I have read so many threads on this kit stuff and I am more confused now than I was when I started....lol!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
i wouldn't go the kit route 4sure!! was a 200 dollar mistake for me!! you just need to get a primary puller,make a 2ndary compresser,and get diff springs! go on high lifter and do a search!! there are a few diff combanations for the 29.5's! some just change the 2ndary spring!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.