Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about a two hour ride my 08 Brute Force shut off on its own and will not start. The head lights and winch do not work... but the brake lights do?

When I turn the key on there is power to the digital display however the engine will not turn over?

I checked the four fuses (three 10 amp; one 30 amp) under the seat and they are fine.

Any suggestions...if there another fuse that could be blown?

Thanks.
KMG:confused:

·
Registered
711 Posts
The older brute had a problem with buss connectors . One ine the rear under the fender and one up front.They were supposed to be fix on the newer brutes but it might be worth looking into.I definetly sounds like you are losing connection to only part of the power somewhere so the battery is probably fine.Trace the power out from the fuses to their accessories they power you will probably find a plug either corroded or maybe just pulled out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The older brute had a problem with buu connectors . One ine the rear under the fender and one up front.They were supposed to be fix on the newer brutes but it might be worth looking into.I definetly sounds like you are losing connection to only part of the power somewhere so the battery is probably fine.Trace the power out from the fuses to their accessories they power you will probably find a plug either corroded or maybe just pulled out.
Thanks grease monkey ...You are right...the battery tests out to be working fine.

Can you tell what a BUU connector looks like? Is it white in color? The one you indicated was under the rear fender ...is this on the left or right side?

KMG

·
Registered
711 Posts
It will not be on an 08.
What will not be an 08?
I knew they made some kind of fix.Apparently they eliminated the buss connector .If all of the fuses are good then you have to have some connection problem after them.You definetly have a dead circuit.If you aren't getting headlights and starter power I would say look for a bad connection or broken wire between the fuses and the handlebars.maybe something chafed where the bars turn back and forth.look to see if, where the wires come down the steering stem ,there is a plug that might have come unplugged.Always start with the simple things.Some times we get so hung up on thinking it has to be something major that we look past the simple problem in front of us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like a similar problem i had with my 08 sportsman, i took it out for a run in water and it just died on me my high beam wouldnt work as well, had to resort to the pull cord. Luckily it was still under warranty i brought it in and it was a loose wire under the dash on the handlebars. Works great now. Maybe yours is the same problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
1) Check connection at starter relay, both of the plug and the terminals.
2) Check starter control relays and be sure they are plugged in well, both the neutral and brake relays.
3) Be sure engine stop swith and ignition switch are in the on position.
4) Be positive that the CDI is plugged in well.

One of the above are your likely problems. The reason that the other stuff works is because they happen "inline" before the above pissibilities...

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem

I am having the same problems what did your end up being?
i have a 2008 750 bruite thats doing the same thing. i have checked all connections/plugs and cant find any loose connection. turn key on and the dash lights up but the headlights wont come on and nothing happens when i press the starter button. i have tried to crank it at the solenoid and the engine just turns over and it wont fire anr run. could this just be the fuel injection ECU has failed? somebody please stir this old mechanic in the correct direction!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Wow, this is an old thread being resurrected. As for your problem, check the left handlebar switch and the connectors and harness going to it.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Or check the chassis frame ground connections

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also check the roll over switch under the seat. Mine got rusted up and failed. Swapped it with one that I had from a kawi kx250 efi and it fired right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts