Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peak at 68.28 rwhp at 25 mph and holds straight line to 60 mph at 68 rwhp. Ran out of time today will tune NOS next week.

·
Super Moderator
9,447 Posts
Looks good! I've never seen the line look so level across the page like that.

I look forward to seeing your dyno sheet with the nitrous.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Nice #'s

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Kelley now that is nice #s and a straight line of Power There,flat top wiseco pistons and 418 CWR cams with ported heads stock valves,that is very nice,I would like to see you hit high 80s on the bottle,what do you think it will make with that 40 shot?

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Those numbers are crazy nice considering your engine kit...you should make a few pulls at EHS where bigkev, a fps BF 840 and I ran our machines, just for comparison purposes.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
What were your numbers Pipo?

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
very impressive dude. that thing has to be more fun to ride than space mountian..lol

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
62whp at EHS dyno.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kelley now that is nice #s and a straight line of Power There,flat top wiseco pistons and 418 CWR cams with ported heads stock valves,that is very nice,I would like to see you hit high 80s on the bottle,what do you think it will make with that 40 shot?
Thanks Chris. I would hope 40 + 68 = 108 rwhp You've seen it run, does pretty good for what it is. Beating that 1107cc outlander on just motor is still amazing to me. The only time he ever beat me last year was when he got the holeshot, but he still did not pull away. You saw the 3 races against Mr RPM on the turbo rene, I beat him 2 out of 3. It's fast enough in 300 ft. on spray that any mistake in the other lane it's hard to make up. Greg has so much power on that turbo he has a hard time keeping it straight. That's why I have a better chance with him keeping the race short. On a good pass he has went by me at 1/2 track like I stopped.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
You saw the 3 races against Mr RPM on the turbo rene, I beat him 2 out of 3. It's fast enough in 300 ft. on spray that any mistake in the other lane it's hard to make up. Greg has so much power on that turbo he has a hard time keeping it straight. That's why I have a better chance with him keeping the race short. On a good pass he has went by me at 1/2 track like I stopped.
What carbs you have? What were your times and his times on the passes you beat him? I know anything can happen in heads up racing...just clarifying things for others that don't understand heads up racing and for future refences.

ie: a 4sec (90whp) bike can't beat a 3sec (210whp) bike dilema, and if it does then that automatically makes your bike a 3sec (220whp) bike :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Kelly,
What do you think those #s compare to the 355 cams?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You saw the 3 races against Mr RPM on the turbo rene, I beat him 2 out of 3. It's fast enough in 300 ft. on spray that any mistake in the other lane it's hard to make up. Greg has so much power on that turbo he has a hard time keeping it straight. That's why I have a better chance with him keeping the race short. On a good pass he has went by me at 1/2 track like I stopped.
What carbs you have? What were your times and his times on the passes you beat him? I know anything can happen in heads up racing...just clarifying things for others that don't understand heads up racing and for future refences.

ie: a 4sec (90whp) bike can't beat a 3sec (210whp) bike dilema, and if it does then that automatically makes your bike a 3sec (220whp) bike :rolleyes:.
I honestly don't remember what our times were in those races. We have run together alot at Big Lick where he has run a 3.95 and I ran a 4.6, he went by me at 1/2 track like I stopped. Here is the deal he has so much power it's very hard to keep straight when he has to come off the line wide open in a short (300ft) race. If we were running longer he could take off with a controled start and wax me real bad every time. But in a short race there is not enough time for that. The race mentioned above at Big Lick he had a good controled wide open take off and he killed me. When he gets his set up right he will be real close with the bikes at Kirks Motorsports. If he runs a good straight pass I look like a lawnmower cutting grass.
Pipo I am running stock carbs.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kelly,
What do you think those #s compare to the 355 cams?
We tuned a stock bore 750 with High Comp. pistons and CWR 355's with HMF pipe and his rwhp was 55hp. That HMF is killing him, he is saving up for Muzzy. Also his line held straight across too.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Stock carbs?! Wow! Very impressive numbers with 300' times to back it up, good job!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stock carbs?! Wow! Very impressive numbers with 300' times to back it up, good job!
That was spraying on that 4.6 I have got it tuned a little better now than then. I hope to be a little better on time.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Can you tell us more about the motor, spring, clutch, and so on???

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you tell us more about the motor, spring, clutch, and so on???
785 weisco shelf pistons
CWR mach3 cams
stage3 v-force john clutch pink spring
std muzzy
stock valves ported heads
stock carbs & air box with EHS lid and one 1" hole
dyna cdi
lots of R&D

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
when we all raced at Busco I had Chin Shings 25x12x9 on my 665 FST Piston LTEs stock carbs 14 1" holes stock heads and stage 3 FST cams I went 5.5 my fastest and ran 5.6 a few times.Kelley had his setup he listed above, 25" tires on rear with 1" Snowmoblie Spikes and he ran a 5.3 on motor and then he went 4.9s on the spray but this is busco and it was very soft,on motor Kelleys 785 had a me by the length of the bike and wheelie bar in 300',and he didnt pull til about half track,not bad for a 665,it is wasnt striped just the racks removed and a wheelie bar on it.Like Kelley said that Renny is Bad,if he could hold it it would be a Rocket,just to much power for that track,he had like 26 or 27" Paddles with the Mud Scopes on them for skimming the pits,the biggest paddles I have seen on atv,MR.RPMs bike is like a Drag Car and dont think anything will take it IF he can hold it on the track!!!!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
,MR.RPMs bike is like a Drag Car and dont think anything will take it IF he can hold it on the track!!!!
Guess we will see at Monkeys place in March. Think there might be a couple Kawies that have what it takes.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
It's going to come down to the setup that can put the power to the ground.(that day)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts