Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got an 820 BBK installed on my brute and am gonna put a dyno jet kit in it. i had a 152 155 kehin setup no mods to the needles they were stock positions in it before the bbk and stock exhaust. just wondering where i should start with the new setup and new muzzy pro pipe exhaust. i ve got 3 inch centre snorkles thats why i had to down jet a bit from stock stock in my bike was 152-158. i read somewhere that you have to run same size jet front and back for muzzy exhausts is this true?

thanks guys

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I was 172 f/r with a Fundy 750. The snorkel may put you close to that also. It would be a guess though.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
i was around 162f/r keihin w/DJ needles with my 750 std bore kit .. the jetting should be close to the same with the 820.. when i put the 820 kit in i was already switched over to 39mm carbs and they are completely different than the stockers for jetting, but from the 750 w/39s to the 820 w/39s jetting stayed the same..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it jetted the other day and took it out. idles perfect good, throttle response but i get a little bit of lag and backfire when going about 15mph to full throttle and anything in mid thrttle range i get backfireing when letting off the throttle. is this my needles or my main jets? i went 165 f/r dynojet jets and the needles on the #4 groove on the clip

should i go to the # 3 clip to see what happens or is it my jets

·
Super Moderator
12,553 Posts
It's hard to comment on the Dynojet kits; most people had much better luck with Keihin jets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts