Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im still new here and have searched what i am posting for but i didnt find exactly what i am looking for.......my question is do any of you guys run this kit for a trail riding light mudding application??? any increase in engine temps???? i am one that refuses to move my rad. to the rack and i am very cautious of mud getting in my rad. would this set up bear the need for a triple flow HL rad?? or will using something along the lines of engine ice help with this. i am stuck between doing a 785 or just jumping to the big boy 840.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If this forum is like the Teryx forums you just opened up a big can of worms.

I myself am a big Std bore kit person, I do think the larger bore would help down low though.

What I see is the big bore has more power between 0-25 and the std bore has more above that.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
BBK here just an 800 though. Plenty of power everywhere and trail reliability to go with it!!!

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
If your a 750 then I would either do a standard bore kit if your cylinders are good or a 800 or 840. For trail riding I don't think you would see a huge difference between them all. I have had a 840 and it was fine on the trail. Yes they get warmer quicker but engine ice and a aftermarket water pump will eliminate that mostly.

Decide what you wanna spend and pick what you want. If the cylinders need bored I would do the 800.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea my rear cylinder is pretty chewed up. think im gonna stick with the 785......the 840 would be nice but it would be overkill!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts