Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Bayou 185 that needs a lot of help and I need a service manual and an owners manual (free if possible)would be good too, this thing has been messed with a lot and needs help. BTW only paid $50 bucks for it can anyone help?

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Manual?

Jim,
Did you ever get any reply. I just bought a 1986 Bayou 185, and of course, I need an owner's manual, and a service manual if possible.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Find the VIN and visit the Kawasaki website. I found a later 220 Bayou manual that was 'close enough' if not perfect, for my '89 220.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had to go to the kawasaki site and get an owners manual for my 86 300 today. 1988 was the earliest online. It takes a little bit of a procedure and some other tools to download and reassemble the owners manual; drop me a PM with your email if you'd like the 1988 Bayou 185 manual sent to you, it's about 4.3Mb as a composite PDF file. (I did the 185 manual in addition to my 300 need, since there were several that were looking for this for 1985/1986...presumably the 1988 owner manual will have to do, that's the only year online at kawasaki).

Reactions: Tonya Riden1968

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bayou Manual

Thank you Centma for the owner's manual. Now, if you or someone out there can point me to some site where I can at least look at a service manual, I will greatly appreciate it. The 86 Bayou ran good at the seller's place, but after I got it home it won't hit a lick. Engine turns over fine, has good spark at plug, but won't hit even with a little starting fluid sprayed in the plug hole. Also, it seems to have a lot of 'blow-back' through the air inlet when cranking it. Can anyone give me some advice? Has it 'jumped' time? Any information that anyone can provide will be welcomed.

oldcoot

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to go to the kawasaki site and get an owners manual for my 86 300 today. 1988 was the earliest online. It takes a little bit of a procedure and some other tools to download and reassemble the owners manual; drop me a PM with your email if you'd like the 1988 Bayou 185 manual sent to you, it's about 4.3Mb as a composite PDF file. (I did the 185 manual in addition to my 300 need, since there were several that were looking for this for 1985/1986...presumably the 1988 owner manual will have to do, that's the only year online at kawasaki).
I need manual for 185 kawaski bayou if you have a copy i would sure appreciate the help .Thank You so much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts