Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's some more video's from Quad Experts with our 880 kits.

I think Adam's Brute is a std bore (Lee or Mark please confirm), Lee's is our 880 with sv650 carbs and Marks is our 880 with our race heads and FCR's.

·
Registered
10,321 Posts
Wow!!!!! The videos speak for themselves. Very nasty. :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
Holy S**t! Those things are scary fast. B)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Adams is your 820 kit with old style cams,sv carbs, mine is your 880 low comp with your +4 valve heads, old style cams,sv carbs and marks is your 880 kit with the 1000 race heads and fcr carbs. They make BIG power and the videos don't lie. We should have some more videos starting next month.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here's mine on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
awsome vidros i feel bad for the poor guy on the 450, he brought a plastic knife to a gun fight :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Mark's brute is a beast.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adams is your 820 kit with old style cams,sv carbs, mine is your 880 low comp with your +4 valve heads, old style cams,sv carbs and marks is your 880 kit with the 1000 race heads and fcr carbs. They make BIG power and the videos don't lie. We should have some more videos starting next month.
Thanks Lee, I couldn't remember for sure what Adam had.

Marks heads are the same as yours, he just has a little more carb and our newer -6 cams.
Sounds good, keep the vid's coming.
Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here's mine on YouTube

Big brute Fcp race cam idle. - YouTube

Ya we used to have that same problem with our old cams. It's because the lobe centers run off from low to high lift. If you make them with high lift lobe centers to work in the mid and higher RPM, they run like crap and hicup ect like that on the bottom, if you make them so they run good at idle and bottom they run like crap mid and top and the bigger the cams the worse it gets.

That is one SWEET looking Brute you have there though!!
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow!!!!! The videos speak for themselves. Very nasty. :D
Yes the boys at Quad Expert, know how to build, tune and setup quads and bikes and I'm pretty sure if Dominic was riding it, he would make a wheel barrel look fast too, LOL
Ray

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here's mine on YouTube

Big brute Fcp race cam idle. - YouTube

Ya we used to have that same problem with our old cams. It's because the lobe centers run off from low to high lift. If you make them with high lift lobe centers to work in the mid and higher RPM, they run like crap and hicup ect like that on the bottom, if you make them so they run good at idle and bottom they run like crap mid and top and the bigger the cams the worse it gets.

That is one SWEET looking Brute you have there though!!
Ray
Appreciate the kind words.. I got it running perfect now. A wideband check and needle adjustment and good to go. Still has a choppy idle, but I like it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ray
I have a new project on the horizon.
I just bought a v-force and we have a date with the Valcourt and Eganville ice oval this February.
Last year they prohibited my Brute 880 from racing against the sport quads.
this year it will be legal.
I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ray
I have a new project on the horizon.
I just bought a v-force and we have a date with the Valcourt and Eganville ice oval this February.
Last year they prohibited my Brute 880 from racing against the sport quads.
this year it will be legal.
I will keep you posted.
LOL, awesome.
Ya it's funny how all the sport quad guys don't want to race the Utility quads anymore, LOL
Ray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts