Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squirt PB Blaster on both ends of the joint for a couple days, tap the joint lightly with a hammer to set up a vibration , spray both sides of the joint, you can get it at a auto parts store or discount store. Loosen the front differential so when you lightly hit the joint with a hammer it can slide forward, they are a tight fit and rusted on, possibly some heat will help,but just tap lightly and it will come loose eventually. Make sure there are no clips on either side of the shaft.

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's what i thought of doing, take bolts out of front diff, to get the extra inch i need. I guess the universals are pressed in? no clips anywhere, hope i can find new universals. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes take the bolts out you will need a little more than an inch, the shaft is total of 13" long without the joints, They are Not pressed on, just rusted and tight, find the joints on EB if you can, but you wont need need the whole new joint, they sell just the universal on EB , keep spraying PB everyday and tapping them with a hammer, apply heat as last resort.Take an open end wrench or cresent wrench and put just so it fits the universal along the shaft and pound on the wrench.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still don't understand how to get the front drive shaft on a 400 Kawasaki bayou 4 by 4 trying to rebuild a water pump I still don't understand what clip you're talkin about

1 - 10 of 10 Posts