Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just thought I would post this this to help out anyone that may need it. I took my 95 Bayou 400 out of my barn that has been sitting there for probably 2 years. When I put it away, the fan wasn't working and the only fans I could find were used fans for around $100 on ebay or brand new replacement fans for $125-$150. I took the wires off the temperature sensor and jumped them to make sure the fan was bad, I had power, but the fan wouldn't go on. I took the fan out of the bike and bench tested it and it was definitely bad. I took the fan blade off the motor and took the motor out of it's bracket. I ended up buying a fan motor from Amazon that looked the same and for only $28, so I figured I would roll the dice. Well, the fan was the exact same size, the mounting holes are in the exact same location as the old motor and the rotation is correct. The only thing that was different was the shaft on the new motor was a little bigger. I took a small file and opened up the aluminum insert in the fan, removing a little material at a time and trying the fit as I continued to file. I cut the plug off the old fan and soldered it on the new fan. The fan is back on the bike and working great. Here is the link to the motor on Amazon, a pic of the two motors and a pic of the the fan all back together. Hope someone will find this useful.
Dishware Table Serveware Wood Tableware
Road surface Electric blue Circle Automotive wheel system Petal

1 - 1 of 1 Posts