Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my issue has been with the carb. I had it rebuilt because it would only run on full choke. Still I have to feather the choke when under load. Starts great and idles fine. Did I just get a poor rebuilding job? Thoughts please, thanks all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maxload, have you discovered a fix for this? I have a similar problem. After having the carbs professionally cleaned it will now run with the choke off once it gets warm, but I can't give it any throttle without it backfiring and losing power. Seems like a it is starved for fuel, but I have opened up the fuel mix screw and it hasn't helped. My muffler is completely rusted out, but I can't image that would cause it to run as poorly as it does.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Danny, you are the only one that has responded. Maybe this is not common. If I let it idle for 10m or so it runs better, the hotter it gets the better it runs, no backfiring or power loss. I would pay for a new carb if I thought that would fix the problem. I should have been suspicious when the mechanic said to be sure to let it warm up.
I am also looking for advice on my starter. It has a dead spot. One of the guys said to tap it with a hammer and believe it or not, that works. I am looking for someone that has replaced the starter because one person said it easy, just remove the power cable and two bolts. Another guy said he had to remove the opposite side covers, drain oil and other things that are beyond me. I don't want to begin that project until I know which one is right. Let me know if you hear anything. Also, if you get a new carb, let me know the name and part number. Thanks Danny for replying, and good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts