Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 kawasaki lakota that has a clutch problem. I replaced the secondary clutch ..and a week later it is sliping again... we ajusted it right but now it slips, does anyone no what to do.Call or text me at 717-348-8333 or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
637 Posts
I sent you an email.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told to install stronger springs, have to get them first then try it. someone else told me to only use motorcycle/atv oil. dont think that makes a difference, I use 15w40(diesel engine oil) in everything because of the super high detergents needed for diesels and they hold up to high temps because most diesels are turbos. If anything my klr650 sometimes the clutch wont slip when first started.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It must have gotten held up. It shows sent.

Yes Oil will make a difference. If you are not using oil designed for a wet clutch system it will ruin a clutch. The plates will glaze up fast due to no friction inhibitors in the oil. Then it will slip to the point it puts a strain on the centrifugal and basket and will begin to groove the basket, to the point the plates will bind in the grooves. Thus the reason your clutch is probably hanging at start up, the plates are prolly in a groove and not floating. There is a reason that the manual states" Use only oils designed for motorcycles and atvs".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.