Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, acquired this machine and trying to get it tip-top before going deer hunting. I've done standard things like fluid changes, carb kit, air box stuff, anyway... still needs front brake overhaul and choke plunger cap (although I think it broke because of a bigger choke cable problem)

Ugh but this boot... Last thing to be functional... From service manual:
If the joint boot is torn, worn, or deteriorated, replace the joint boot and check the propeller shaft (see Rear Propeller Shaft Boot Replacement) .

Problem is it's a dead reference... I can't find that boot replacement reference anywhere else in the manual. Possibly it's simply use the "Rear Propeller Shaft Removal" instructions... Anyway, just looking for more detail if anyone can assist, tips, tricks? Do I need to drain all the new oil before removing that shaft? Anything ya'll got...

Bad boot pic attached. New one otw.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
if its like the 360 and 650, you wont lose any oil if the seals are good, check the bearing on the swingarm, if you can move it side to side they need replaced, good time since you have it off. the shaft is tough to line back up but there really isnt any trick just tough to see and get your hand in there, just have to line it up and spin the wheels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts