Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see speedometers on eBay for the 220 Bayou and that the service manual shows a plug in the diff where the cable is installed and the wiring diagram shows connections. Were speedometers a dealer option? I realize that a GPS is more flexible, but wondered if there's anything stopping me from installing an OEM speedo on an '88 Bayou 220.

Thanks - Steve

·
Registered
549 Posts
It seems like someone mentioned the speedo being on european models and thats what those 2 bolt holes on the front rack are for

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had them on my 300's and while a little silly to think why they'd be there, they do go on the left back side of the front rack where those two holes are. Never understood why they thought that would be the best place to mount.

·
Registered
404 Posts
They actually aren't as hard to see being placed there as you think they would be. And yes, they were a dealer option (in the accessories book). I always thought it silly they weren't standard anyway. I don't believe the 360 even came standard with them already on did they? You'd think as much as we were paying (even back then) a speedometer wouldn't be that big a deal to include. They didn't offer them at all back when they just had 3 wheelers did they? Could you have used a bicycle speedometer for them?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Out of curiosity I looked on Ebay and I see the 250 had the same speedometer as the other Bayou's but it was mounted in the center like on my early Prarie, but I don't believe the 220 or 300 had that grab handle looking bar in front of the handlebars to mount it on. I wish they'd kept that round one for mine instead of the rectangular one I've got (might have impeded a windshield worse I guess), they only offered the one I've got 2 years before going to the digital setups.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I added a speedo to my 88 bayou, really easy to fit, some models not the 220 had a handle bar mount which looks like it could fit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts