Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Relative new here....but now that I've got my Mule Pro, I'll be posting a lot more.

This evening I did a post about first impressions. The whole time I was doing so, the web page was clocking and the typing of the post, like I'm doing now, was very erratic. The display of the characters I typed would be very delayed in displaying. It was very aggravating during the typing of the post. It is not happening now as I type this.

BUT...I think it has something to do with the 'adchoices' which shows here. I killed it a couple of times, and the erratic display would go away, then when the ad came back, so the erratic display.

Just an FYI. Know you need the adds, but their programming, if that is what it is, isn't doing anyone any favors.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I'm 'trying' to do a search on this forum and the pages jumping all over the place.

This problem is worse....ya need to fix it, or people will stop coming here.

Damn thing is unusable in this form.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This problem is still there, and it is a royal PITA trying to type because of the hesitation it cause. You guys REALLY OUGHT TO FIX THIS.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
This problem is still there, and it is a royal PITA trying to type because of the hesitation it cause. You guys REALLY OUGHT TO FIX THIS.
They will never see this thread. If you want their attention, you have to send an admin a PM. They don't watch any postings because they take care of dozens of sites.

I work with VS-Goose (Doug) who is an admin on two of their other sites I am a Mod on. He is an admin here too. Not sure who are mods here.

·
Administrator
92 Posts
They will never see this thread. If you want their attention, you have to send an admin a PM. They don't watch any postings because they take care of dozens of sites.

I work with VS-Goose (Doug) who is an admin on two of their other sites I am a Mod on. He is an admin here too. Not sure who are mods here.
It's Jeff actually :D

I did just that....we'll see.
And here I am.

I am moving this thread to the Site issues and Support section as that is our main reporting area.

Can you provide the following:

Browser / OS / Device:

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?

Are you using the desktop skin (looks the same as if viewing from a computer), or mobile skin?

Are you seeing / hearing any auto-play ads (videos / sound)?

If you see video ads and this issue happens, is it the same videos?

Is this in all areas or specific ones?

Anything else out of the ordinary?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you provide the following:

Browser / OS / Device:
Chrome windows 10 laptop

Have you cleared your cache and cookies?
I had not, but before digging into this more, I did. It made no change, and is happening as I'm typing this.

Are you using the desktop skin (looks the same as if viewing from a computer), or mobile skin?
no....I have not noticed this issue with Tapatalk.

Are you seeing / hearing any auto-play ads (videos / sound)?
hearing none nor seeing videos

If you see video ads and this issue happens, is it the same videos?
not video ads, but it's something I think to do with the 'ad choices' at the top and bottom and margins of the webpage. Although I cannot reproduce it, at one point I was killing the ad choices and the problem seem to clear for 2-3 seconds then came back.

Is this in all areas or specific ones?
Not sure of your question

Anything else out of the ordinary?
The webpage is clocking something, the circle meaning loading data, is off/on repeatedly on the chrome tab.
I'm seeing many waiting for request on the bottom of the webpage, but they probably aren't the problem but a reflection of the problem. Some of them are:
Waiting for secure-gl.imrworldwide.com...
Waiting for trk.vidible.tv...
Waiting for ads.adaptv.advertising.com...
Waiting for video-ad-stats.googlesyndication.com...
Waiting for sync.1rx.io...

I have see this on other web sites from time to time, but it's been rather persistent on this one as of late.

Hope all of this helps isolate the issues.

·
Administrator
92 Posts
Can you grab a screenshot of the ads you are seeing that you're closing? I will need to investigate on my side as well. I have not seen any of these issues on my machine so I will need to replicate it if I can.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not sure if it's the same issue or not, but on my iphone using the chrome browser in mobile mode, a thread will load, then go to a blank screen with just the board name up top. No problem at all on Safari, or if I'm using Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop (with adblocker running).

I have the same problem with almost any forum I open from a chrome search on my iphone. It's got to be the way chrome interacts with the hosting site that all these forums use these days.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are some screen shots of various places/screens as I was doing a new post. I also did a video showing how there is clocking of something that just won't go away. The problem was/is thrre as i did this. I also noticed somewhere videos which i had not noticed before. I'm thinking of adding tyhe ad blocker mentioned earlier in this thread, but I've ran into other kind of issues with those too.

Well attached screenshots, but this phone/tapatalk won't let me attach the video. Hope this helps. 2017-08-09_134318.jpg 2017-08-09_134336.jpg 2017-08-09_134359.jpg 2017-08-09_134412.jpg 2017-08-09_134543.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'm on safari on iPad. I have no pop ups and no videos playing or even present on the screen. My only issue is while typing I have a serious lag. I have to stop typing and let each letter load/catch up so I can see what I've typed. It's seriously becoming a real pain in the ass. Almost enough to steer people away from this site

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm on safari on iPad. I have no pop ups and no videos playing or even present on the screen. My only issue is while typing I have a serious lag. I have to stop typing and let each letter load/catch up so I can see what I've typed. It's seriously becoming a real pain in the ass. Almost enough to steer people away from this site
Yep....that's it.

·
Administrator
92 Posts
Here are some screen shots of various places/screens as I was doing a new post. I also did a video showing how there is clocking of something that just won't go away. The problem was/is thrre as i did this. I also noticed somewhere videos which i had not noticed before. I'm thinking of adding tyhe ad blocker mentioned earlier in this thread, but I've ran into other kind of issues with those too.

Well attached screenshots, but this phone/tapatalk won't let me attach the video. Hope this helps. View attachment 62105 View attachment 62113 View attachment 62121 View attachment 62129 View attachment 62137

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I only see the spinning wheel in the last image, and I dont see any alerts of waiting for anything. This must be something I am not seeing.

As for the video that was playing, did your page jump around at all? I see there was a mute button on it. Did it autoplay with sound?

Can you clear your cache and cookies, and test again. If it continues can you switch your text editor from Enhanced to Standard or vice versa? You can find this in your AdminCP > Edit Options.

Let me know if that helps.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As for the video that was playing, did your page jump around at all? I see there was a mute button on it. Did it autoplay with sound?

I don't recall any sound, and if muted, I didn't do it. The page does jump on occassions, but not as bad as I've seen on other websites. I think the condition does exist on other sites, but the difference here....is the keying back on post, and that activity being so messed up because of the lags.

·
Registered
635 Posts
After clearing cache and cookies it's still doing it. Went in and changed my text editor from enhanced to standard and back again and I'm still having the lag issue. It's doing it right now as I type all of this. For me this started just a few weeks ago. It has never been an issue in the past

·
Administrator
92 Posts
After clearing cache and cookies it's still doing it. Went in and changed my text editor from enhanced to standard and back again and I'm still having the lag issue. It's doing it right now as I type all of this. For me this started just a few weeks ago. It has never been an issue in the past
Are you seeing any strange / broken / autoplay ads like jcummins noted?

As this is similar to what they were having, it would seem to be an ad issue.

I installed adblock plus......it made things better unless you did something with the site.
It must be an issue with an ad. As you have now blocked the ads, I can no longer investigate the issue.

If you turn off your adblocker in the future and see the problem again, let me know and we'll investigate together.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts