Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an accident (see my prior posts) caused by brake fade out on my 2018 MULE Pro FXT. I am almost done with the repairs and would like to upgrade the brake rotors and pads on my MULE before taking it back out. I have researched some after market parts suppliers but so far all I have located are new brake pads and no rotor up grades. Does anyone out there have any recommendations?
Thanks,
RR

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wish there was something out there.

I thought about having HEL make new SS lines at a minimum as I feel like the brakes on my 22’ FXT are terrible.

In a perfect world, I’d find some Vesrah RJL pads from one of the sport bikes to fit it and at least improve the pads. Rotors will always be a problem as the caliper spacing would need to be adjusted for bigger units and that’s assuming the spindle could take the increased force from moving the caliper out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reaching out. Joes Racing show a universal rotor for my MULE. I have just emailed POWER SPORTS SID to see if they will fit without modification. I was also thinking about the SS lines. I've heard they will improve efficiency. The OEM pads are not an option. I will either go the with ceramic or copper.
Your comment that your brakes are terrible should worry you. Unless you are always on flat ground and are not carrying max passenger load (or towing) you're probably all right. Steep terrain is really dangerous with a load.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I thought I was the only one experiencing brake fade on my FXR. I have dam near had a few wrecks because the brakes seem to fade at times. I have checked the pads and they are fine. WTF Kawasaki?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just replaced my front brakes with the Sixity Ceramic pads last weekend. Very little time on them so far, but initial impression is that stopping distance is shorter, probably by 10% or more. Pretty sure the biggest positive out of doing this was cleaning the mud, grass, sticks, etc. out of the front calipers. Probably will do the same to my rears soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just finished a full 4 wheel brake pad replacement on my previously wrecked 2018 Mule using EBC SXR pads. They appear to be a copper composition which was recommended by a gearhead buddy. Not too much time on them but they seem to do the job really well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts