Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've developed a system that stops the brute 750fi from injecting water from the bottom. What I have done is to block off the bottom inlet and moved the air intake ports to the air box lid. I will have some pictures up tomorrow so every one can see.

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in buying them from me? I have one made and it is very crude. The reason that it is crude is that I modified it on the trail to get the fuel to air correct. all that follow will not have such crude cuts.

These lids are made form the Kawasaki lids making them a direct replacement for the stock lid. I do not recommend them for the carbed units, because all of my r&d was done on a fi unit. This is the best way to go if your like me and don't want to snorkel the machine but you are tired of sucking h2o into the engine.

If anyone is interested Please let me know.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I kept the bottom open with mind as of now and use the EHS lid. But can't wait to see pictures of this....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine are not as fancy as the ehs lids, and they are more suttle and look somewhat like stock. I wish that I had the ability to do the aluminum work that they do. Hopefully tonight I will have the pics up.

Price wise Mine will be looking like $75 with the cover. I'm hoping that it will be cheaper, I'm looking for someone that is cheaper and better to cut and bent my aluminum. Right now Im paying $50 for the the 2 brackets that i require for each lid. Also a good thing with my lid is that no mods to the system are required to make it work. I've developed it to pull that exact amount of air that the factory inlet pulls. Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
962 Posts
That looks good. How is the sound level of the airbox? Probably alot quieter than the ehs lid. I cut an opening in mine about the size of the of the ehs and i hated the sound of the airbox so i put a patch plate on it and opened up the factory intake. I like the look of yours, it looks factory and the turn down louvers should keep out water from rain or when you wash it. If they were cheaper i would probably try one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, and Im working on the price. The sound level is higher then stock, but way quieter then the ehs lid.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine are not as fancy as the ehs lids, and they are more suttle and look somewhat like stock. I wish that I had the ability to do the aluminum work that they do. Hopefully tonight I will have the pics up.

Price wise Mine will be looking like $75 with the cover. I'm hoping that it will be cheaper, I'm looking for someone that is cheaper and better to cut and bent my aluminum. Right now Im paying $50 for the the 2 brackets that i require for each lid. Also a good thing with my lid is that no mods to the system are required to make it work. I've developed it to pull that exact amount of air that the factory inlet pulls. Thanks for the interest.
That looks pretty good, easier on the nuts than the EHS lid. I'm pretty sure you can get the aluminum cut and bent for allot cheaper than that. More in the $15-$25 range.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what im looking for. If i can get it done for that I could make them for 45 and sell them for 55. I'm ganna find out tomorrow form some other aluminum places if they can do it for that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like Ive got the first two prototypes sold and if anyone else is intrested, im about a week out to get some more finished. Let me know if you want one, and its now ganna be about a week to have them done. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks good . I would be interested. Do we get a lid or do we have to cut out the one we have? is the material water resistant or at least water repellent?

·
Registered
652 Posts
If I were you, I'd offer it both ways... 1. A kit for someone to do their original lid, and 2. The package with a new lid all set up so it's a 20 second install and for guys who may want to return to their original stock lid. just my 2cnts
I just realized this is an old post - well if you're still making them maybe it'll bring some business your way. Any reviews of the guys who bought?

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I too like this design of yours over the EHS mudder lid that I now use.
Any testing results?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts