Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the percentage is everyone talking about on exhaust gas when jetting?

is it CO, CO2 or O2?

thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's O2 hence you use and oxygen sensor to measure "air" to fuel ration in the exhaust!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didn't realize my question would bring out all of the physicists this morning...

is the o2 sensor seeing pure oxygen the one oxygen molecule in CO or the 2 oxygen molecules in CO2 or all...

if the number is showing oxygen then when the engine was lean wouldn't the reading higher number instead of "10" being lean and "20" being rich...

i guess i didn't add enough info for my question...

what is the level of the reading? ppm or what?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Darrell,

Higher numbers mean leaner.

The air/fuel ratio is the ratio of air mass to fuel mass so when we tune we shoot for a ratio of 12.5 to 13 which means we want 12.5 to 13 times more air mass than fuel mass.

This is going to sound crazy but I use a air/fuel ratio gauge a good bit, the one on my dyno and a hand held unit. I have never needed to know what the ratio is a ratio of meaning the units. I simply know what number I am shooting for on the gauge.

The most power is made at 12.5 to 13.

I tuned a RZR S today on the dyno for a customer

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
yeah it's kinda screwy, the fuel is represented by the 1 and that doesn't change. When what you are actually changing is the amount of fuel and not the amount of air

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts