Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am new here and have been searching the threads and reading tons of issues with the 4x4 on these things.

I have the 4x4 light flashing on for .5 and off for 4seconds.

I have removed the kebc and 4xr actuators. Both tested good. I took them apart cleaned them and added a little marine grease reassembled a d retested both still good. Now with the belt cover off and the 4x4 actuator on the side when I power on and still get the the same flashing neither my kebc does anything or my 4x4 actuator with flipping 2x4 to 4x4 or cycling the key.

I have checked the fuse under the front plastic behind the oil cooler and that is fine also. I checked power on both sides of it to make sure there is not a bad fuse holder. I cleaned all the connectors with contact cleaner and shop air and used dielectric grease on them as well also at the 4x4 module under the seat.

Can someone please help me as to why both actuators are doing nothing!

Lastly this photo shows an extra 2 brown and one black yellow wire by the front fuses what are these for?
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior
ebc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So today I lifted the atv off the ground and was able to get it to switch into and out of 4x4 several times but 4x4 light still flashes and about 4 second intervals.

I checked the kebs and it rotates. I set it in position like the manual says then reinstalled and made sure it engaged the rake arm. Restarted the machine and still the same light.

Would the kebs bypass work to get the light to stop flashing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts