Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try as I did, I cannot hold on any longer. I lost most everything I had, which wasn't much, w/the ATV biz. Now staying afloat in the independent auto repair industry is ever increasingly more difficult. I spent what little I could muster to keep my ship afloat, but bailing water out of a ship w/ a hole the size of Kansas wasn't something I can continue to fight.

I will not be turning the "OPEN" sign over again after Jan. 1st. Those who care, I did secure a job w/ a company that will be helping w/ the closure and some financial troubles. I will get to make some decent money for the trade I do....finally.

I was proud to be a sponsor here and damn glad to do business w/ alot of the members here. Unfortunately, I won't be able to visit here daily as I have for the last, almost, 7 years.

I will continue to try to visit as much as I can and mangle my meat, as Monkey raper puts it, to the goodies in the Main Jet, check the classifieds for deals, and see who is going riding where.

Motivation Automotive, Inc.
Motovation ATV R.I.P.:p Finally I might get some sleep:lol:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Good Luck Marky. Check back often...

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
:(:(

glad to see the Obama stimulus helping out the small business man

no ones tried as hard as you to hang in there Marky

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
i hope things work out for the best my friend. keep coming around to bust monkey's chops. it's always entertaining and thanks for all you have done for me and everyone else here

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Small business and the middle class got hurt the most, got the least and never asked for anything other than take stuff away from us. They gave to the rich and the poor. Where are they now? Same place rich and poor. Good luck with what you are going to start doing which is?

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Shittty time for business owners around here too. I've had a few friends that were forced to shut down their operations, but were fortunate enough to find decent paying jobs:huh:.
GM is taking Buick away from the oldest Buick dealer in the nation. So, we will probably pick up a Chrysler franchise and hope for the best:eek:.

We all know you gave it your best, Mark. Always great doing business with ya. Wish ya the best as always.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Sorry to see you go under, and as little business as I did do with you, it was a real pleasure. Others certainly could learn a lot from you in how you conducted yourself.

Onward and upward Mark. You will prevail.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Good luck and be proud in what you have done,times get better you can hobby income with what you enjoy. It has took down a lot of people that I thought was pretty strong, its the times.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Sorry to hear that Marky, Hang in there buddy!

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
Hey Mark, We never did Biz together, but Picked your brain on here a lot for which I thank you and you picked on Monkey a lot, for which I really thank you. Best of luck man, the cream always rises to the top Buddy, jsut give it some time.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
i know the feeling. i too am feeling the crunch. the bar is not doing so hot. people are just not coming in as much as before.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Good luck with everything Mark.It was great having you here as a vendor and good doing business with you.

·
Super Moderator
12,616 Posts
Hey Mark, good luck in the future. It's not easy to operate a small business at the best of times, add a weak economy and it can suck.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks everyone. I am not financially able to properly close down the business nor pay it's ever increasing stack of bills. Work is spotty at best.I have been working odd jobs for quite some time to help keep crumbs on the table.

Most of the ATV suppliers have cut me off due to inactivity. Plus, my garage at home is too damn small to work out of. Maybe, in time, I can rent a small shop and do a few custom builds and sell a few things, but for now, I need to focus on getting my head above water.

The folks that I will be working for came to me and offered to pay for any expenditures to aide closure. Offered me a dollar for dollar matching 401k, paid holidays, and paid vacation. Neither of which have I had the pleasure of for almost 10 years. Not to mention the $. I would have never made this kind of money being self employed in my field. I will be doing what I always have, being an automotive tech, but will focus more on alignments and undercar. No more track-hoes, dump trucks, skid loaders, none of that crap. State of the art alignment equipment, and I will be shop foreman as well.

This came at a time when I did not know which way to turn. Prayer, my friends, does work. I will post up some left-over ATV stuff tomorrow that needs to go and will go cheap. So, if you are in need of anything, let me know. I might just have it, and it could be yours because the price will be right:lol:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry to hear. May God bless you in your journey through life. Sucks for you to lose your shop as you have poured the blood, sweat, and tears into it. I know what it is like, as I have lost a family business before. We used to be dairy farmers, but it just got to the point that we had to get bigger or get out. Dad opted for the latter as getting bigger would require over 1/2 million more in debt. We sold cows, farms, equipment.... everything that I knew for years! Things are better now, as I have a decent job.....that isn't looking to sweet, small businesses are SUFFERING, and I have a small farm of my own with 15 beef cows and varying # of calves throughout the year. Also, I'm growing close to 6 acres of tobacco. Whatever it takes to make ends meet. It seemed like the end when we sold out, but it was all for the better, as I am now on my own in the farming industry, and I have a job to pay the bills. I pray for the recession to be over soon, even though they say it's getting better, those of us in the real world are seeing NO CHANGES.

Prayers to you bud. Stay strong and everything will work out.

·
Premium Member
6,161 Posts
Like I said to you in the past Mark I went through the same kind of thing, you can hold your head up high for making it last as long as it did, and like I said before you haven't failed its the system and economic climate that has failed you, I wish you all the luck for the future and trust me when I say its nice to be able to sleep at night without the constant worry of business!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts